1996 cobra convertible (steda edition?)

Tyler D

Reaction score
recently purchased the car from a guy that lives down the road from me and when I bought the car the guy was telling me that it was a steda package car. also said it had a steda badge on the trunk lid but lost it when he got the car repainted. the only other thing that I saw that has steda on it in the car was the floor mats (like the slp on the camaros floor mats) any help would be appreciated.

proudgeek

Reaction score
Hi. Congrats on the car. In Oregon? Photos? Edit: Bart Johnson in Oregon was selling a laser red vert some time back. Is this it? If it is, it was built by Steeda but not serialized.

Serialized Steeda builds received a dash plaque normally by the shifter. They also built customer cars a la carte but they only serialized cars brand new off the showroom floor.

The badge the PO is referring to is a blue oval with the Steeda logo that would be in place of the Ford one.

Steeda doesn't have good records from those days so owner documentation would be the only information that could be used for validation. You can also join the "steeda owners and enthusiasts" group on Facebook.

I have Steeda Cobra 98-011

IG: @strictcode

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tyler D

Reaction score
I am in virginia the cars was a black vert but the guy that I bought it off of had it painted copper and aso he did mention something about there being a serial number inside the car but that went missing as well because the car was torn apart for stereo work and speakers. the car also has every mod on it that you could possibly imagine 40 thousand original miles and has been sitting since 2001. so seems like I might have a true steda car then?

proudgeek

Reaction score
It's hard to tell without evidence or knowing the serial number. The serials were glued to the shifter bezels, and assuming they would have removed it for the stereo install, hard to see how it would have come off during that process unless someone would have swapped it to keep the original one.

One way or another, it sounds like you have a very cool car. Enjoy it!

https://flic.kr/p/2iZgvYh

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online