1996 Cobra Dual Gauge cluster

cobraman

Reaction score
I am finally getting around to adding two more gauges to my cobra. I am looking at getting the dual gauge bezel that replaces the stock with gauge holes on each side or the clock pod replacement. I have heard mixed reviews about the bezel not fitting right not molded right and the visible screws. I am looking for some opinions on both options. I can't decide what I think I would like the best. Anybody have either of these setups that can give me some advice? Thanks
Mike

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I looked into them as well when I was looking into adding gauges in mine. I didn't like how much it stuck up and the general feel look was just cheaper then I liked. I could not find anything that I did like though and ended up making my own a-pilar gauge as well as a dual gauge pod that sits on top of the steering column.

OP
OP
cobraman

cobraman

Reaction score
Thanks man. I have gauges in the a-pillar. I'm also worried about the cheap look if them. I thought about adding to the steering column but don't want them to get in the way of the other gauges.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the clock pod (though I cut it up a little):

DSCF1052.jpg

And the new version of it that I am making:

IMG_2105.jpg

Overall, it works well for me. I don't think it looks too bad. Just do a good job painting it and stuff (which I *didn't* do on the one in the first pic). It's obviously bigger than the clock pod but it's the same concept - meaning once you get used to seeing it there, it blends in. Well, it does for me.

I don't have the dual-gauge cluster thing, so I can't comment on that.

OP
OP
cobraman

cobraman

Reaction score
Thanks for posting pictures. That looks cool just not sure if its what i want to do. It does look a lot bigger than the stock clock.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Another option you might think about is relocating the HVAC controls to the empty slot under the radio and putting 2 or 3 gauges where the HVAC controls used to be.
There is a couple guys on here that have done it and I'm hoping to hopefully this winter. Dalamar is one I know off hand.

OP
OP
cobraman

cobraman

Reaction score
Didn't think about that. Good idea but I want them somewhere I can see them that's why I am thinking of the bezel in front of steering. As for moving the HVAC I don't have an open slot. My car has the factory radio & CD player in it. I would rather have that open slot tho.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it wasn't too hard to make in that location. I started off with pvc couplers and a piece of mdf that I made the fiberglass base for that holds it all together. Its basically a hat that sits on top of the column and there are two dowel rods that go down through holes in the top of the column to keep it from moving around. IT does slightly block the bottom of the mph and the oil pressure gauge but its non functional because of the sensor being replaced for the gauges.

ProKiller

Reaction score
having both for years now i can say that the gauge cluster bezel sucks. i will be getting rid of it when i redo my cluster. the steering wheel gets in the way of actually seeing the gauges. clock pod and a-pillar are the best options IMO

OP
OP
cobraman

cobraman

Reaction score
Thanks man. I was worried about that with the bezel. I wouldn't mind the clock pod but what I've seen it sticks up so far. Not sure if I would like it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell