1996 cobra motor

BABDBAT

Reaction score
I have a 96' Cobra with a high mileage and noisy 4V motor. Looking around I found a few motor and was told by an Auto recycler that ONLY a 96 motor would work according to the Hollander manual. I am under the impression the any 4V from 96-98 would work. Am I Incorrect? if so what is the difference between those years they are all the same block.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I could be missing some info here but the engines are all the same. However, the 98 has different fuel rails I believe.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Overall as a package, the engines from 96-98 will swap no problem. There are engineering changes throughout but not enough to hinder a swap.

Whats wrong with what you have? You say noisy? What sounds does it make? Honestly, a 32v as lve engine does carry a tad more noise than most.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BABDBAT

Reaction score
187,000+ miles on it, Cams are showing a lot of wear and cam timing is off due to chain and gear wear, won't idle, noise from right head more than usual sounds like the cam followers may not be pumping up and slapping the lobs. low oil pressure so clearances all over are greater than normal, Compression is down to 110 - 130, Just over all tired. Still in one piece and no internal damage or failures yet so looking for options, don't have my shop anymore so no place to pull, overhaul and such, it will all have to be farmed out to someone.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
187,000+ miles on it, Cams are showing a lot of wear and cam timing is off due to chain and gear wear, won't idle, noise from right head more than usual sounds like the cam followers may not be pumping up and slapping the lobs. low oil pressure so clearances all over are greater than normal, Compression is down to 110 - 130, Just over all tired. Still in one piece and no internal damage or failures yet so looking for options, don't have my shop anymore so no place to pull, overhaul and such, it will all have to be farmed out to someone.

Bring that bad boy over to me, Ill rebuild it for you. Im only a couple hours away from you. (Picayune, ms)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online