1996 Mustang Gt aka Zeus

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Gotta figure out why the headgasket took a poop, cause the same will happen to the rebuild. Its always good practice to investigate failures like blown headgaskets. This way youll know what not to do next time.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Gotta figure out why the headgasket took a poop, cause the same will happen to the rebuild. Its always good practice to investigate failures like blown headgaskets. This way youll know what not to do next time.

Honestly I know exactly why, I made a mistake that led to this bigger problem. But we live and learn.. tried to do a coolant flush at 2 in the morning in a rush and I didn’t tighten a hose clamp right on the bottom radiator hose and evidently it led to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
A couple of other hiccups but it was all my fault

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Hmmm...sounds to me these so call faults may just have been "engineered"...lol.

Anyhow, building anything car is a great hobby,engines especially. Prepare for failure tho.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Hmmm...sounds to me these so call faults may just have been "engineered"...lol.

Anyhow, building anything car is a great hobby,engines especially. Prepare for failure tho.

Yeah exactly. And of course, if this was easy everyone would be doing it. Looking forward to getting the makeover on the car started! Let me know on the pistons man. I’m ready to start ordering everything

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
c25705ceec4cbea63a6329c09b6b718a.jpg
got this new piece in the mail today, should make things much easier

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Need some input, I found a guy selling abuilt shortblock bores .20 over with a 4.75 stroke with stage two cams springs valves and new lifters for $1500 it’s the kit off of mmr. I’m thinking if I send my npi heads to 96blak and pair it all up it should run good. Any thoughts?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Depends why he selling, who did the work, does it come with a warranty from original builder? What pistons, what rings, what bearings, was the block decked, what is the deck clearance......i can go for days here! All good questions to ask! Investigate with these questions. Figure out if your $1500 will be well spent to a builder or to someone that just slapped together a shortblock.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
The guys sent me plenty of videos of it all the way Down to the internals, a video of it running and it sounded nice. The reason he pulled it was because of a broken valve guide which he also sent pictures off. And he’s decided to run a 6.0 so he doesn’t want the mod anymore

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a choice to make!

For what it’s worth it seems like it’ll be worth it, the setup is meant for boost so I can throw plenty of it in the future. But I’ll redo the whole suspension before I do that.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Find out the piston dish amount and if its zero deck clearance. Mounting npi heads on top of 18cc pistons is going to reduce compression alot for naturally aspirated. Its fine and dandy for boost, but itll be a dead warrior on the streets with out it.

Be sure you know what you want and can support the financial setback required to make the project successful. We are sll here cheering you on regardless of what you decide.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Thanks and I’d love to get the motor but it’s built for 900hp I’m not planning on going anywhere near that so I’m going to pass. But I’ve decided to go boss rods, 4.6/5.4 pistons off of mod max racing I’m thinking 3cc pistons? And the stock crank, block, new bearings rings, gaskets, and I’d still like to find some cams with a good chop, and the heads will be sent to blak for his touch and I’m going to be buying an edlebrock intake from h2s

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
By the time your done you will in as deep as the rest of us.

Oh yeah I don’t doubt that. I’m already in the car way more than I have in it. It’s been a huge headache and pai but I still adore the thing. Rebuilding the engine parts and all comes out to around $1000. minus cams, the head work from blak, the tune, etc. and I haven’t even began the suspension other than the Koni shocks in the rear. I’m still looking for cams, any suggestions? I want something with a noticeable chop but performance gain at the same time

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They do not make the cams you want. You must have them custom made.

This is a mild cam made for road racing.

Last edited:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Grab a set of comp 274 modular cams. More exhaust lift, the more better

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99