1996 Mustang Gt aka Zeus

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
whats a good k member that doesn’t break the bank? Also does anyone have any experience with the Scott rod panels?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there are 3 ways I split up the K-members. Those that had a low weight as their first priority, those that had strength as 1rst priority, and then those that were just made to be cheap and light. I didn't think the K was the place to start trying to save $$$ or too much weight so I went with M&M. Not the cheapest but its definitely made to be strong.

Also the scott rod panels made it easy.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Scott rod panels have been used many times with good response by people.

Some of us buy the k-member known for still being strong and not breaking the bank. I have team z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the QA1 k member? What’s the pros and cons for it

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Moves the wheel location from the stock position I do believe.

ah. Maybe I’ll jsut get the team Z it seems to be pretty good. Also the Scott rod panels, would I have to cut off my old panels then river the new one side in and weld them in or could I lay them over the old ones?

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
I’ve hit the jack pot! Or not... I came to the local pull a part to get some parts for a buddies car and stumbled on 3 pi intakes, and a 96 Gt with a 4 swap! I turned the motor over and it felt good, it’s also paired with an auto transmission. For $150 I feel like I need to get this! But it’s still a gamble, the car didn’t have any body damage but it’s here in the yard for a reason... what do y’all think? Would it be worth the gamble?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I’ve hit the jack pot! Or not... I came to the local pull a part to get some parts for a buddies car and stumbled on 3 pi intakes, and a 96 Gt with a 4 swap! I turned the motor over and it felt good, it’s also paired with an auto transmission. For $150 I feel like I need to get this! But it’s still a gamble, the car didn’t have any body damage but it’s here in the yard for a reason... what do y’all think? Would it be worth the gamble?

See if you can pull the spark plugs and look into the bores with a camera. Also, take the oil filter off and cut it open to look for metal.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
See if you can pull the spark plugs and look into the bores with a camera. Also, take the oil filter off and cut it open to look for metal.
I pulled a couple plugs, I have pics of them but I can’t post them on here, do you have an email I can send them to? Also okay will go back and pull the filter and do that this week

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
For $150 for all them goodies?.....good or bad, if it were me id pick them up. But, im a parts hoarder!

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
For $150 for all them goodies?.....good or bad, if it were me id pick them up. But, im a parts hoarder!
Haha that’s what I’m saying! Going to make the trip with the next week or so and pray its still there

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
64be2e47e8185b416dbf75d7ce7d1e59.jpg

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Buddy of mine who I do work for has a limo company. He’s had this old limo parked due to bad wiring and he told me I can have it he just wants it gone. Oil looks good, no metal in filter, no residue on oil cap. The car is a 98. So it’s a npi motor but it should be a good start to get my mustang rolling. I’ll be pulling it after the holidays, going to put new seals, chain guides and the pi cams I have or a set of 5.4 cams in it. Run the plenum it has on with a truck throttle body. Rims are getting sandblasted, and will be repainted gloss black. And I will spray the engine bay black while the motors out and paint the whole car as well. I’m hyped for what’s to come!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online