1996 Mustang GT missing connector?

RyanCooper

Reaction score
So I’m putting together my 96 mustang GT, and I can’t remember at all where these last two connectors went (pulled the harness off a parts car). One on the left is a part of the alternator harness, the one plugged in I’m holding up is on the engine harness, which have matching wire colors. But I can’t figure out what this alternator plug is supposed to go? (Unless I have it wrong currently?)

The previous owner of the car I got the harness from cut back the insulation on both wires on the plug in question, and wrapped a single wire around them and looks like it was on the main power on the fuse box (end of the wire was twisted in a loop like he didn’t have an eyelet connector) but I don’t wanna assume and cause issues lol

Attachments

• IMG_6073.jpeg
    IMG_6073.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 8

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
If I understand your question, the circular connector being held in the photo is likely nothing more than grounds (twin black wires). If it's the rectangular connector, that's most likely the alternator connect. I believe yellow is the Field signal and the green/red wire will be the charging wire which will lead to the battery light in the gauge cluster.

OP
OP
RyanCooper

RyanCooper

Reaction score
If I understand your question, the circular connector being held in the photo is likely nothing more than grounds (twin black wires). If it's the rectangular connector, that's most likely the alternator connect. I believe yellow is the Field signal and the green/red wire will be the charging wire which will lead to the battery light in the gauge cluster.
They both have the same connector type, if that makes sense, I’m just trying to figure out where they go or what I’m missing/overlooking.

The connector from the alternator has, what appears to be an orange and white wire, and a red and green wire. The other connector has a white and yellow, and white and green wires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriso

Members online