1996 V6 to terminator 4V wiring.

ChronicFox

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm starting a new build in the next month and swapping a 03 terminator 4V into a 96 V6 I just bought. Before everyone says just go buy a terminator it's easier and cheaper, I'll stop you all right there. My best friend of 23 years owed me a pile of cash and also unfortunately had his cobra T-boned this fall. Car was a write-off. Insurance paid him well, and he bought it back. We made a deal as he owed me a pile of dough, so I got the terminator. As far as the talent needed to perform this swap goes, I feel I have it. I've completed several swaps in the past with fords and 2 with Chevy products mounting driveline's that were never originally meant to be. I also built my personal Fox drag car that runs bottom 9's, it's cage and mini tubbed, fuel celled...the works. So I feel I'm capable.

The deal with the V6 is its too darn clean and straight to pass up, not to mention it's currently just a roller with a already swapped 8.8. Plus the price was right. Damn near free.

My main question I ask is about wiring. I'm not afraid of it, just don't wanna dig to the bottom of the old can worms so to speak. I have the complete Efi harness and pcm, those are most obviously needed. I also have the dash harness as well. The cluster swap is a given, just wondering if the dash harness MUST be changed out to make everything work together. The "pats" end of things will most likely be removed via a reflash.

Thanks in advance fellas.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Nobody here is going to give you a hard time for doing the swap, why buy it when you can build it exactly how you want it?! @cheebs just did a terminator swap using a v6 shell and it turned out fantastic. Him and others will chime in soon to give you some tips (wish I could help in that area), good luck and keep us posted on your build

OP
OP
ChronicFox

ChronicFox

Reaction score
Burninriverdiver that is fantastic news! I'm not afraid of the hard work involved, just want to hear from others who have travaled the same road I'm trying to. All the info I dig up is of guys starting with a newer car than I am. I just need first hand knowledge of what all I should just swap out and not even question. Not interested in trial and error and spending money on stuff that isn't necessary. Thanks for chiming in!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
you may know it, but if I am not mistaken, you will need the k member from the donor car unless you plan on going to a tubular unit.

OP
OP
ChronicFox

ChronicFox

Reaction score
you may know it, but if I am not mistaken, you will need the k member from the donor car unless you plan on going to a tubular unit.

The terminator mill is going into a 96, first year of the modulars, I've read multiple places the k-member is the same for v6 and v8's in the modular department. Do I read correctly?

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
cannot say for sure, however, a local shop that does a lot of coyote swaps did a coyote into a sn95 vert, v6. the installer said that they had to change the k member in order to put in the coyote and if it had been a 4.6 car they would not have. when they do coyote swaps on gt new edge or sn95's, they don't use tubular replacement k members. they have developed a way to notch the stock k member and use it. so again, they indicated that had the car been a v8 car they wouldn't have had to change the k member. for that reason, I posted what I said.

cheebs127

Reaction score
I know this thread is a few months old so sorry for the late reply. If you’re getting the whole car the easiest thing to do is swap over everything. All the wiring, fuel etc. I removed the convertible , abs and Mach audio wiring since I wasn’t using any of those from my cobra harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk