For Sale 1997 Cobra

MissFivePointSlow

Reaction score
Looks like it is Finally time for My Boyfriend to let go of the Black Beauty. Many of you know this car was ARdollars(AlexR) and we all share a piece of him in our hearts here at this forum. Pete was looking to sell to someone that will give the same love for the car that we have provided. Pete's account does not have enough posts to post in the Classified so i am posting on his behalf. His name on here is PhillyPhan56 if you have any Questions.

Here Is the Listing without photos via CL ad which the cl ad cannot be up.

Up for sale is my 1997 SVT Cobra. It is black on the outside with a custom two tone black/tan interior. The panels and carpets are black while the seats and floor mats are saddle tan. Car only has 109,xxxk on it which is very low for a 97 (All original miles.) It's got a beefy HANDBUILT by SVT 4.6L DOHC 32 Valve V8 matted to a Tremec T-45 5 speed manual. Car is not stock has a good amount of go and show modifications. I've owned the car for about 3 years and one of my best friends owned it prior to me for about 3 years so I know most of the history and all about what's done to it (It was 95% bone stock when he bought it from the dealer.) Car has a clean and clear title and CARFAX never hit or in an accident. Body is totally straight and rust free and drives straight as well. All of the maintenance is currently up to date and fairly recent. This includes a trans service, diff/rear axle flush and service, complete tune up (Autolite platinum plugs, Motorcraft wires, air/fuel filters, PCV valve, cleaned the intake manifold runners, etc.), fuel system service (cleaned the injectors, throttle body, fuel rails, etc.), new battery, new front brakes, new wheel studs in the rear, Oil has been changed meticulously every 3k with Mobil 1 5W-30 Full Synthetic and always with a Motorcraft oil filter, coolant flush, new thermostat, new valve cover gaskets, new secondary air pump, new vacuum lines and sensors attached to the EGR system, most sensors in total have been replaced, amongst other things. PA Inspection/Emissions good through 11/13 (was exempt.) There are absolutely NO warning or check engine lights on the car. Car has been babied and never abused by me. Runs and drives 110%...has plenty of power that sucks you to the back of the seat and with the heavily upgraded suspension it's like driving on rails. The ONLY problem I have with the car is the A/C compressor gave out last fall. It's been tested and diagnosed as the clutch in the compressor doesn't engage at all but gets power so it needs replacing. I can get a gently used one that my friend has and include it in the sale. System currently has 0 freon in it so it can be replaced immediately then charged up. Everything else on the car works perfectly fine.

MODIFICATIONS

- BBK Polished Cold Air Intake
- MAC O/R H Pipe (No Catalysts)
- Flowmaster 40 Series Cat Back Exhaust System
- Dual Core Radiator and Oversized Cooling Fan for optimum cooling
- FRPP 4.10 Gear Kit
- FRPP Speedometer Calibration Kit (Electronic, no speedo gear swapping)
- FRPP Throwout/Pilot Bearings
- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch
- SPEC Billet Aluminum Flywheel - 8 Bolt
- Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable Kit
- Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant
- Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter (Extremely tight, fast shifts)
- Bilstein Shocks and Struts Kit (HUGE Improvement, brand used an MANY high performance cars)
- H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs (About a 1.75" Drop front, 1.6" in the rear - very aggressive stance.)
- Cobra R Cowl Hood - professionally painted and blended
- Saleen S281 Rear Spoiler - Also pro painted - Also have OEM one as well if preferred
- Rear Panhard Bar - Came with the suspension kit
- Dark Headlights/Corner lights (Not smoked but has dark backdrop - doesn't restrict light quality)
- GMC Envoy Foglight Housing Mod - Fills Foglight Holes in front bumper perfectly looks awesome - The ones currently in it are kind of cloudy so I have a BRAND NEW replacement set waiting to be installed and will come with the car
- Tinted Tail lights (Tinted with Nightshade, sanded, buffed, and polished.) - Also have set of stock ones if desired instead
- HID Head/Foglights - 8000k Headlights/5300K Foglights (Not just bulbs the real deal with ballasts etc) - VERY Bright and useful but also really great looking as well
- Sequential Brake Lights/Turn Signals - Not spliced and diced, they're complete replacement harnesses that plug in
- Turn Signal Flasher Modifier - Slows turn signal speed down so they sequence at a nice even pace
- Chrome Stainless COBRA Rear Bumper Letter Inserts
- FR500 Staggered Rims - Black w/Polished Lips - 18x9 Front/18x10 Rear Deep Dish
- 245/40/18 Tires Up Front 295/35/18 in the rear - Awesome traction/grip and it looks mean
- OEM SVT Center Caps
- LED License Plate Light Bulbs - Pretty nice looking subtle touch
- Red backlit gauge cluster w/SVT Sticker on Tach (Like the 03/04 Cobra's have)
- 98 Mustang Center Console - Has 2 stationary cupholders and rounder armrest - no longer has cupholder that had to be swung open from inside the arm rest compartment
- Ford Alarm that works with the factory keyless entry remote fob
- Gunmetal Cobra Emblems on fenders and in grill opening
- Black Billiard Shifter Ball
- 20% Window Tint All Around
- Billet Exterior Mirror Controls
- Ford Racing Pedals - Clutch Pedal broke off but they are about $5 on eBay to replace - never bothered or interfered with driving so I never really pursued it
- Custom Aux Cable hook up and routing - Works on any MP3, iPhone, etc anything with an aux input - Sounds amazing through the Mach 460 sound system
- Locking Lug Nuts
- Calipers have been painted - Gold up front w/black COBRA lettering, Blue in the rear

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. Car is complete, sound, and runs/drives amazingly. It even has the SVT covered owners manual too. The drivers seat has wear and some cracks but the passenger and rear seats are in excellent shape. The interior as a whole is in excellent shape I'd say. The exterior is in very good condition it has some very light blemishes on the paint that can barely be seen but what do you expect for a 16 year old black car. A good buff and polish will take them right out. Paint has always been washed with very soft cloths by hand never run through the car wash. I also always used a very high definition special polish once a year in the spring and then regular hand waxes in between. Windows have been Rain-X treated and always use Rain-X Washer Fluid. Car is featured on AmericanMuscle.com's website and has always gotten nothing but praise and complements. Definitely an eye catching car for sure and always grabs peoples attention in a great way. It is pretty fast and very loud but not obnoxiously loud - has that classic American Muscle sound with little to no drone. Even with the 4.10 gear ratio I average around 15-16 MPG around town. I apologize for the lengthy ad but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. If you have any questions or anything at all feel free to email me and I'll get right back to you. If the listing is still up then it's still for sale so no need to email and ask. No tire kickers, BS, attempts for a joy ride, etc I won't tolerate it. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE. Also, please put in the subject line of your email 97 Black Cobra so I know it's not crap. My price is below KBB and NADA and is negotiable. I don't HAVE to sell this car so I won't be giving it away either. This car means a lot to me and it's difficult to let it go but I will to the right person/for the right price. Couple dealers have offered me a surprisingly high number for the car but I'd rather see it go to someone who will appreciate and care for it as we have.

984059_10151676750891796_1587204664_n.jpg

3G93F43q55G45s25t9d6o68651d1736e01c72.jpg

3Ib3Mf3He5I55Gb5Ead6o5cc43532e1a31f3e.jpg

3Gb3Je3qe5N55rc5s3d6obefd822bca48130c.jpg

3s83J73Hc5I65F85H1d6obbf05f8824c81fb8.jpg

3r13F83M75Lb5Nb5Jfd6obcc582b6831c1429.jpg

3K13F83q75r65Ff5M6d6o7dd59e5ff5141437.jpg

3I93se3q75Ed5M15t8d6oeeba002b5a0316a2.jpg

3te3Jd3H75E95s65qdd6od34ef74c296012bb.jpg

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you could, please revise your post and enter the details about the car here, along with some photos.
Links to craigslist and eBay are not permitted. Thanks.

OP
OP
MissFivePointSlow

MissFivePointSlow

Reaction score
Ad has been updated to Standards! Sorry Deeplist If you want more photos please ask, The forums is really not agreeing with me at the moment.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ad has been updated to Standards! Sorry Deeplist If you want more photos please ask, The forums is really not agreeing with me at the moment.

No problem! :) I updated your post and pulled the images over from CL.

Very sharp car indeed. GLWS.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My God thats a sick car. Really clean and looks like it was seriously taken care of, GLWS!

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
sooo how good of a deal are you willing to cut someone local who will take good care of a car as clean as that......

turion94

Reaction score
*Bump* for a super clean Cobra! This car reminds me of mine with the story behind it. I hope you sell it and good luck!

TanTop94

Reaction score
What a beautiful car...I hope whoever gets it really keeps it a garage queen, something that clean needs to stay that way. It can only be brought out on the best of days. GLWS. I would love the car, but I couldnt bring myself to put it on DD status.

OP
OP
MissFivePointSlow

MissFivePointSlow

Reaction score
She runs and drives amazingly, The suspension is top notch, Whoever gets this car is getting an amazing deal and one hell of a car. Please contact Pete for any inquires!!!!

phillyphan56

Reaction score
Special offer...for anyone on this site that's interested in the car and appreciates it as we do I can do 7800 for it. Would like to see it sold by the end of Monday if possible!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.