1997 Mustang gt Vert build

OP
OP
M

mikey_mike1980

Reaction score
What was the fitment issue with yours PinkieT?

Got some more progress done on the car today.
got my used top installed. definitley something i dont want to have to do again. was a little difficult getting the cable on each side of the top installed. Youtube guy makes it look easy. my workaround was using a zip tie to help pull and hook through the hole in the top.
Here is a pic of the new black top installed, and all washed up.

IMG_20160619_122611_zpsphk3gkib.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
M

mikey_mike1980

Reaction score
Its a cloth top, but its more of a .. dont know what to call it, i guess like canvas?. its much thicker than the original top. think it will hold up quite a bit better..

Did some more work on the car this evening. installed some new rear calipers, new ebrake cables, and a used ebrake handle and center cable from the parts car. Also some new front brake pads, and the rotors i machined that came off the parts car . she sure stops alot better now. all the slide pins on the car were rusted and siezed. and the pads were seized in the caliper brackets. didnt know how the brakes worked even a little bit. ..
Now just waiting on my 1 peice headlights to show up, and my springs and struts from ebay. The global shipping thing they use for international shipments is messed up. headlighhts and springs and struts were bought from a seller in california, then shipped to kentucky, then to me in bc, canada. figured it would have been quicker and more cost effective to just ship it straight from california to me....

OP
OP
M

mikey_mike1980

Reaction score
Ya, got the whole assembly off another car from craigslist. only thing i noticed was were the bottom corners of the quarter glass meets the top there is a gap there. and currently its pouring rain outside, and i have no tarp. i dont see any water running into it right now, but i can see in, so i am sure there is water getting in there.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a 03/04 Cobra style cloth top. Some of the parts places like LRS etc are selling them now.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Yeah, but without a back glass.

If i wanted the cloth top, with a matching back glass/surrounding piece...that's 600 bucks right there just in parts. I ask Tony and said he got whoever installed it to swap the glass out from his old top. Regarding whether or not you can do that, i've heard yes and no. I'm pretty pissed i can't get a definitive answer cause i plan on doing this to mine at some point.

https://lmr.com/item/ET-GW7-BLK/2003-04-Cobra-Glass-Window-Black-Cloth-with-Tint-And-Defrost

https://lmr.com/item/ET-CCT9-BLK/03...tible-Top-Glass-Window-With-Tint-Rear-Defrost

OP
OP
M

mikey_mike1980

Reaction score
I think i saw a Youtube video of a guy replacing the back glass on his sn95, and it didn't look all to terrible to change. i saw the LMR video of the guy doing the 1 piece top with the plastic rear window and that looked like something i didn't want to tackle. i was thinking that when that guy stapled and glued the fabric at the front of the top were it latches, that if it was pulled too tight, it would just rip when you tried to close it, and if it was too loose, the top would look like shit.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think the glass is just glued in there. When my old top was failing I was poking around in the rear section and it seriously looked like glue was all that held that glass in the canvas.

OP
OP
M

mikey_mike1980

Reaction score
Got my 1 peice headlights installed, and new depot clear fogs. went with 6000k in the headlights, and 8000k in the fog lights.
4684783A-44F3-445E-8209-C70157577C7F_zpsct7a7lzb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
M

mikey_mike1980

Reaction score
Got my Voghtland Drop springs and Stagg struts and shocks in the mail yesterday. Spent my Canada day stat holiday today installing them. This is how she sits. The fitment is mint, not only that but i cannot believe how well the car handles now. the struts and shocks that were in there were original and were completely blown. Going to try and get it on the alignment rack at work tommorow but she drives pretty straight.
263B9DC1-E1BB-4C9C-AA49-9E5BC15ADD91_zpsvjroxhj7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
F0D5364C-4624-4DFA-907D-154BB8E0394D_zps6sua5dmv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
D018CD10-CBDC-4BFB-B79D-A6108B793AFA_zpsdnai6qwr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
D397A70F-0B57-413A-B41F-62D462724333_zpsfscrhgqb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members