1997 Pacific Green Cobra build

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Here's a shot of the drivers side e-brake cable.

You can see how close it is. No pair that with how stiff they are and you can see why it was so difficult to get that bolt through on the caliper.

Ev7EHAK.jpg

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
So she's finally on the ground and has made her maiden voyage on the IRS.

VNtMDZz.jpg

9HEbTFc.jpg

ptcBPS7.jpg

All seems well, however, my ABS light is on. It was immediately from start up, it didn't even take any driving to trigger it. Any ideas? I know they're both plugged in, routed correctly, and appear fine visually. Do I need to unplug the battery and let it sit to reset?

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Just to update the ABS issue, both of my stock ABS sensors ohm'd out to about 1600 ohms. The two in the IRS are both open. So I'm guessing they're both bad. Have another set on thew way. Also, I have a set of rear hangers coming that I'm going to install so that I can run the factory IRS exhaust hangers rather than try to cut off and re weld hangers.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Been driving the Cobra quite a bit. Overall I'm really pleased how the IRS swap turned out. Since my last update, I ended up getting the ABS sensors replaced (which solved the ABS light), rear 98-04 exhaust hangers installed, got the fluid and FM swapped out in the rear diff, and found some bassani HF cats installed in the x-pipe, because the Borla and OR-X was just a bit too loud for my liking.

Also slapped a canned Diablo tune on it. I really only tuned it because, ironically, after I installed the cats in the x-pipe, the MIL came on for rear o2's. It was just fine when there were no cats, but turned on after. So I put the 91 tune on and turned off the rear o2 MIL.

After a hellish few months of work swapping the IRS in, I'm taking a few months to just drive it and enjoy it.

I'll try to get some pictures up tonight. The rear wheels fill out the wheel wells a bit better.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
So I've been driving the Cobra near daily for a few months (as I sold my DD to replace it). It has run absolutely flawlessly. I haven't done really anything to it other than keep it clean.

That said, I did find a replacement DD to allow the Cobra to take a break.

YS4IAgT.jpg

Cheesy dealership picture. Brand new 2016 (yes, 2016) Frozen White Focus RS.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Heck yeah! Ive always loved the focus platforms. The RS is the cream of the crop! Good score!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When your daily is faster than your race car kinda problems!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
When your daily is faster than your race car kinda problems!!! Lol

Eh, not too much faster. Plus I've still got a long while to go on the break in for the RS so I can't really use the power yet.

And I don't plan on modding the RS much, if at all. Eventually I'll throw an SC on the Cobra and it won't be the slower one.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Rs is a beast. And with knowing what guys have already built those up to I’d have a hard time myself not building it.

woodylau

Reaction score
I have the same shift knob and it's really comfortable. I'm also curious to see if notice much of a difference from the headers.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
I have the same shift knob and it's really comfortable. I'm also curious to see if notice much of a difference from the headers.

The shift knob is pretty sweet. My favorite one I've had (I went through several with my last Cobra). As far as the headers, I'd say there's a slight difference. I didn't do any dyno testing, but I feel like it has a bit more mid-range punch. I'd still emphasize it's very slight. Top end doesn't feel much different and neither does low end.

Edit: Just realized this was a copy/paste from a different poster... Spam?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online