1997 Pacific Green Cobra build

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Looking good bro, are those sport line springs? And my cobra is way less bumpy now than when I got it. Kyb gasajust shocks and struts with eibach sportlines. I am after a bump steer kit next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

These are Saleen Racecraft springs. For the bumpsteer kit, I would go nowhere else but FTR. It took a while to get to me, but it's cheaper than most other kits and it was literally some of the best machining I've seen.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your not talking to yourself. I just enjoy your build quietly from the shadows.............. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
You have gotten a good start on that car. These cars are really fun to drive once you get the suspension sorted.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Your not talking to yourself. I just enjoy your build quietly from the shadows.............. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car looks good! off to a good start with the suspension mods.

You have gotten a good start on that car. These cars are really fun to drive once you get the suspension sorted.

Thanks everyone. Had a cars and coffee this morning. Parked next to a 98 Cobra that had Terminator drivetrain swap.

Kqcoais.jpg

KQ9Mk9y.jpg

YFb4A7J.jpg

After that, I got the oil changed with Mobil 1 5W20. Then I decided to install the 3156 LED Reverse bulbs I had laying around.

xa1XFua.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions on LED's for the brake light/tail light bulbs that don't require a resistor?

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Enjoying your build. We also have a PG 97 Cobra.

Do you have additional thoughts about the ride quality now that you have more time on the new suspension? Also, are you scraping on anything with the lower stance?

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Enjoying your build. We also have a PG 97 Cobra.

Do you have additional thoughts about the ride quality now that you have more time on the new suspension? Also, are you scraping on anything with the lower stance?

The ride has gotten much better. When I first took it out, it was quite harsh and a bit bouncy. Perhaps both the springs and shocks/struts needed to settle a bit. Now it's definitely stiffer than factory but the Bilsteins make it feel very controlled. It feels nice and tight without being harsh.

I do feel like the front and rear are still a bit disconnected. Next up on the mod list are SFC's and a Panhard kit. I'm sure that will round out the package nicely.

As far as scraping, I'm very careful when I drive so I haven't yet. It's not out of the realm of possibility though. It's a major PITA to jack the car up now though.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
I noticed my front bumper cover is sagging a bit. I checked it out last night and the white impact isolator is loose. My weekend project is going to be to pull the front cover and re-secure it, then reinstall without sagging.

Anyone care to give me some tips on this process? I'm mechanically inclined but I'm scared to death of messing with body work. Also, what hardware or fasteners will I need to complete the job?

TIA.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Decided to go ahead and knock this out. Wasn't too difficult, aside from the clip type things under the headlights.

The impact isolate wasn't completely disconnected like I originally thought, it was just loose. I secured it with zip ties and a few dabs of super glue around the seams. Kind of ghetto, but it's solid and no one sees it, so whatever. Plus my bumper was missing the bottom plastic body clips. I'm sure just adding those would've helped.

Passenger side fender liner will eventually need replaced as well, it's a little loose where it meets the bumper cover.

bJeVXJa.jpg

N1DN0XJ.jpg

W2hRxfZ.jpg

MlFB1uK.jpg

bI8zkBM.jpg

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
So I've had a slight miss under load and at idle that I've been chasing. The details are listed here: http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?73437-Low-RPM-stumble-miss-under-load

As part of that, I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a new Bassani ORX to get rid of the cats (which I suspect may be clogged) and I have a set of used MSD coils on the way as well (too good of a deal to pass up).

Started installing the X-pipe last night. Man that thing is beautiful. And, the manifold bolts were a major PITA. I did a mid-pipe on my old Cobra 12 years ago and never remember it being this difficult. Should finish up the install tomorrow. Will have the factory catback.

aEDHvn6.jpg

Vfx9oHj.jpg

z0RPgrm.jpg

And I had to run out in the middle of the install to get this. Wouldn't have been able to do this without an assortment of half inch extensions and swivel.

xlH1wu1.jpg

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
You will never, ever, ever regret buying that extension/u-joint set. They probably come in handy more than anything else

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
So it turns out my misfire was traced back to the nearly brand new FRPP 9mm wires. So today, I placed an order for MSD 8.5mm wires. At least if they turn out to be bad, MSD offers a 1 year warranty unlike Ford Racing which offers no warranty.

Also, while I was placing an order, I decided to get a new set of ACC Saddle floor mats.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Where did you get the springs? Also, do you know what the F & R spring rates are?

I picked the springs up used on eBay. I haven't been able to find definitive numbers, but pretty much everyone says they're a rebranded Eibach Pro-kit.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Since I had to return the FRPP plug wires due to misfiring, I went ahead and spend the extra cash and got a set of MSD super conductor 8.5mm wires. Installed and did a thorough test drive. Put it under all kinds of conditions, WOT, low RPM load, etc., and not a single hiccup. Pretty pleased so far. Plus since they're 8.5mm, they fit in the stock looms much better than the FRPP did. I noticed a smoother idle and a bit more responsiveness. Now, the test is to put some miles on them and ensure they keep on ticking without problems.

Not the cleanest install, but they are longer than the stock wires, so it makes it more difficult.

dpJ3fWj.jpg

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Since I had to return the FRPP plug wires due to misfiring, I went ahead and spend the extra cash and got a set of MSD super conductor 8.5mm wires. Installed and did a thorough test drive. Put it under all kinds of conditions, WOT, low RPM load, etc., and not a single hiccup. Pretty pleased so far. Plus since they're 8.5mm, they fit in the stock looms much better than the FRPP did. I noticed a smoother idle and a bit more responsiveness. Now, the test is to put some miles on them and ensure they keep on ticking without problems.

Not the cleanest install, but they are longer than the stock wires, so it makes it more difficult.

Looks good to me - nice work.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Ordered a set of SFC's for the car. They're a little outside the norm. Will update with pictures once they arrive and are installed.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Still haven't gotten to the SFC's yet. On another note, I found a set of FRPP shorties for sale for relatively cheap. Hopefully those aren't difficult to install.

Are my photobucket pictures still working for everyone or do I need to rehost?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online