1998 4.6l mustang

reaper.w.evony

Reaction score
Hey new here and im going to school for machanic soon and I bought a 98 mustang gt as a project right now its stock and tops off at 120 which bugs me and I wanna upgrade it and I dont know where to start I wanna do as much as I can to it because I lost quite a few races any suggestions?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You can benifit from changing the heads, cams, and intake to a set off a 99-04 2valve. Look up PI conversion on here, google, or anywhere on the web and you will find a lot of good how to's. It can be done for a relatively low price if you look for used parts and have them checked over. Otherwise there are plenty of blower options out there, which can get pricy with the amount of supporting mods associated with it. Either way, good luck and welcome to the site!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

On another note, in our 2V specific section there is a lot of good information on the PI swap and just good 2V information in general. I also have a 98 GT, and much like yours, when I got it, it was stock. The car was a total slug. I started with a programmer and then went with cams, PI intake, and 3.73 gears. Im sure you will have this figured out very soon, and just keep asking questions. There is a lot of good help here.

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
to me, the words "tops off at 120" and "lost quite a few races" sounds like street racing as a quarter mile trap of 120 would be unheard of in a stock 98 gt. my suggestion to you is stop being an idiot and take it to a track.

welcome to the boards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online