1998 408w street/strip build

Discussion in 'Build Ups & Projects' started by Bluestreak08, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Bluestreak08

Bluestreak08 New Member

Im new to the sn95 forum but needing some help on little things building my 98 gt I've built 2 little street hotrods before but this is the first stang. Motor and tranny are done 408 and c-4 combo just looking for some cool mods to do while the car is in the shop.

2. cameron57

cameron57 Active Member

Carb or fuel injected

3. Bluestreak08

Bluestreak08 New Member

Its carbed a 750 Holley dp.

4. GMSMOKR

GMSMOKR Well-Known Member

Hey Bluestreak, glad you could join us...Welcome :thumbsup:

5. Bluestreak08

Bluestreak08 New Member

I've read on this forum an many others finding ideas so I jus joined one get in on the action. Any of y'all got any ideas on some good looking radiator hoses? The engine bay is pretty slick being painted with polished an anodized stuff but the ole black horses just aren't goin to cut it

6. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

OK, so you have been here for a little while now (a few hours from what i see) and you are bragging about this monster of a 98. I think its about time we get some pictures so we can all share the goodness of this build.

On a real not though, you will enjoy the time you spend here. Lots of good people and a lot of knowledge floating around. Not to mention, some really sick builds that I am sure will give you some new ideas.

7. Bluestreak08

Bluestreak08 New Member

I aint ain't tryin to brag all on it it's nothin really that special I jus like stuff to look clean an neat an I don't make all the money in the world so me n my buddy jus building what we can and like polishing an painting the rest. I want to get some pics onto this thread if I ever figure out how to!! I've taken a lot. And that's why I'm here man to get some cool ideas

8. lwarrior1016

Hey man, Im just busting your chops. We are all here in good fun. Check out this link, It will tell you how to post pics. Im excited to see what you have going on here.

9. Bluestreak08

Bluestreak08 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Just a couple I've got some crappy trim on the motor valve covers water neck small stuff like that just for when we ran it in on stand. Don't wanna mess all the good stuff up working on it. What you guys think? Might not look like much but I've been workin on her for a while

10. lwarrior1016

That thing looks fantastic. I put a lot of similar work into my car. I see you have a flaming river manual rack, what u joint are you using? Is that the stock steering shaft?

11. Roachedone

Roachedone New Member

where are you located? I know you said it was a 98, im woundering how you will get it to pass inspection with that motor? here in NY we have to plug in anything 96 and newer to the DMV computer for inspection which restricts us from doing anything like swapping to a carb set up... looks good tho, keep up the good work!!

12. lwarrior1016

That really sucks. I'm in MS and they don't do emissions testing. I can basically do anything I want to my car and I'm good to go.

13. Bluestreak08

Bluestreak08 New Member

No emissions here I'm in Alabama. I have the flaming river joint an stock shaft I'm just goin to make a shaft tho an tig it to the joint my stock shaft looks like crap.should have some more pics soon

14. lwarrior1016

Flaming river has a bunch of different joints, do you happen to have the part number on yours?

15. DavidBoren

DavidBoren Active Member

Engine specs?

16. Bluestreak08

Bluestreak08 New Member

Engine is just a mild 408 it has eagle rotating assembly good to abt 750hp mahle dish tops Herbert .619 solid roller cam comp lifters comp ultra rockers an a set of small chamber edelbrock aluminum heads. Getting some afr 205's. Gone try to squeeze 500 out of her with the edelstocks haha hopefully won't be to hard. Lwarrior I'll look at the joint this evening an let you know. I know it's the one that's "supposed" to fit the stock shaft but don't very well at all! Check out the custom pan to! I bought from canton an they wouldn't even try to make me happy with returning it so I cut an tiged her back together[​IMG]

17. cameron57

cameron57 Active Member

You can always use steel braid. If you wanted to have some fitings welded to an aluminum radiator

18. Bluestreak08

Bluestreak08 New Member

Ill figure out out something made a tranny mount the other day workin on fuel system now

19. cameron57

cameron57 Active Member

Looking good

20. DavidBoren

DavidBoren Active Member

It puts such a smile in my heart to see a pushrod motor being swapped in place of an overhead cam engine. It's even carbed, that's an awesome kind of old school.

As for the radiator hoses, I would do the steel braided hose. That would be sweet.