1998 Cobra Build - UPDATED POST #252 1/9/08

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Re: My 98 Cobra **DUW** UPDATES POST #80! - Air Ride Installed!

personally not my choice, the last pics are clean. but its your car, do your thing

Suspect

Reaction score

any updates? :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

Suspension turned out nice. :boink:

badass98svt

Reaction score

Updates???

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score

:rice:

Maybe its just because Im alittle older then most here, but I just don't like the import look on Mustangs.

Like stated a couple of times before.... Its your car and you cash.

wnracing

Reaction score

Outlaw97GT said:

Maybe its just because Im alittle older then most here, but I just don't like the import look on Mustangs.

I think the only thing that is really 'import' about his car is the doors.. I have never been a fan of them, but for the audience he is trying to impress it is what he needs it has that 'wow' effect..

G

GREG@SN95

Outlaw97GT said:

I disagree... there is nothing rice or import about his car...

They are all OEM Mustang Parts...
the bullits, the body panels... do you think that the cobra R is rice?
lol... i hope not...

And the air ride suspension is needed on that...

I think he's doing a fantastics job... I have never seen another mustang like this one here...

Great job... can't wait to see her all done

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score

Hey, too each their own....

But I think your OEM and factory OEM are different. Because 20" bullitts and that body kit are not OEM.

G

GREG@SN95

Outlaw97GT said:

But I think your OEM and factory OEM are different. Because 20" bullitts and that body kit are not OEM.

well what I what I meant was...

bullitts are OEM... not that size... but they are
cobra R body panels were OEM... different trim and year car... but OEM none the less...

Its not like he's putting yeehaw brand never seen on a mustang before hood... they aint black widow bumpers or wheels.. ya reckon?

Now if someone said... "hey! I'm putting 20s on an sn95" I'd be like :nonono: :-\ :puke:

But he did a fine job...

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

wnracing said:
I think the only thing that is really 'import' about his car is the doors.. I have never been a fan of them, but for the audience he is trying to impress it is what he needs it has that 'wow' effect..

The reason I am doing a lot of the extreme stuff to my car is, just like wnracing said, I do want the "WOW" impression when people see my car. My goal is to make it into Modified Mustangs.

GREG@SN95 said:
I disagree... there is nothing rice or import about his car...

They are all OEM Mustang Parts...
the bullits, the body panels... do you think that the cobra R is rice?
lol... i hope not...

And the air ride suspension is needed on that...

I think he's doing a fantastics job... I have never seen another mustang like this one here...

Great job... can't wait to see her all done

I appreciate your comments and your appreciation for my hard work, it has been a long road for me, but I am hopefully close to getting this phase done :dancing6: :dancing6:

Outlaw97GT said:

I make it a point to not put anything on my car that is not high quality. Most the parts I have on my car are styled after OEM Parts...

Example:

Hood: Based off the 2000 Cobra R Hood with an added cowl.
Front Bumper: Based off the 2000 Cobra R front bumper.
Side Skirts: OEM 94-98 Saleen Side Skirts
Rear Bumper: OEM 94-98 Saleen Rear Bumper
Wing: OEM Saleen S281 Wing

I don't find any part of my body kit that is not OEM, or based off OEM parts. I appreciate your comments, but understand that I make it a point to try to use mostly OEM styled parts throughout my entire car.

The ONLY reason I chose to go with Air Ride Suspension and 20" wheels is because I saw that American Muscle was starting to make a decent style of 20's - the Bullitts. It's understandable people not liking the lambo doors, its just something that will catch your eye and I fell in love with this kit when I saw how high it makes the doors go O0

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

Here is the update for the painting...

All the holes that were going to be filled/shaved are done. All the engine bay stuff that needed to be moved to get the engine bay sprayed is moved. The entire car is primered and he started laying down the impulse blue. I don't have pictures of the car yet because its getting painted a few hours away from where I live - I have not even seen it :'(

Anyways, he said it will only take him one more weekend to finish it, so it should be done around the 16th of this month, but don't be surprised if it's not cause he tends to take his time. Thanks for all the comments, guys... I appreciate it.

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

I got some stuff done for the interior that I forgot to show you guys, so here are the pics...

I recently got my rear seats, headliner, and visors covered in Corbeau Grey/Black Microsuede. These will match my front Corbeau Grey/Black Microsuede CR-1 seats. Here are some pictures...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are my Cobreau CR-1 seats for the front....

attachment.php

attachment.php

I just got around to installing my Brushed Aluminum Door Panel Inserts from Autobadges. I used "Amazing Goop - Autotmotive Contact Adhesive and Sealant" from AutoZone to install them. They look great, here are pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You can see how much better than they look that the stock carpet, these are the best pictures of the stock door panels I had...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

I love those front seats and door panels. :dancing6:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

that's looking great man.
your car is going to look awsome when it's done. Should be a show stopper.
give those damn iport show whores a run for the money.

Keep up the good work :thumb: :thumb:

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score

Well you got the "WOW" impression from me, but not the kind you want....

But I guess the kiddo's will like it, but a true Mustang lover will probably get a good laugh like I did.

But thats my opinion. Everyone has their own taste, but if your gonna post it on the boards you have to take the good with the bad..... thats life!

G

GREG@SN95

Outlaw97GT said:

But I guess the kiddo's will like it, but a true Mustang lover will probably get a good laugh like I did.

But thats my opinion. Everyone has their own taste, but if your gonna post it on the boards you have to take the good with the bad..... thats life!

I think it looks 1000x better then a bone stock 97 GT...

97blackgt

Reaction score

hey man i think ur doing an awesome job, and even though soem things really stand out, your car still looks good, and it should be a show winner for sure

also those seats are :rockyou:

wnracing

Reaction score

Outlaw97GT said:

Dude, how OLD are you? You must be ancient, because I don't think your brain is functioning properly.. :lame:

He is doing some AWESOME work, and nothing 'import' at all, other than the doors... He has about 95% of OEM pieces.. Heck I hate bullitts, but those 20's look awesome and with the bag system they tuck up under the car perfectly..

BTW: this is :rice:...
mustang_rice_163.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online