1998CobraSVT's Bright Atlantic Blue Coupe

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nice car though! Definitely keep the spoiler, don't see the Steeda wing too often.

Thanks [MENTION=9338]chris91[/MENTION]. Def keeping the wing. Just not sure if it should stay black to tie in with the tails and black cobra letters on rear bumper or paint it to match the car.

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Nice rescue man, trust me the cobra thanks you lol and I also think it would look better without the side skirts and rear bumper and that way you can lower that puppy and it will look much better with you adding the larger tires later on down the road.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nice rescue man, trust me the cobra thanks you lol.

LOL. Thanks man i agree! The previous owner had it in real rough shape! Cant believe he had the nerve to list it as "amazing all around" Even went as far as lying on the phone and saying it was mint before my travels :rolleyes:. Im just glad everything worked out in the end. It felt pretty good giving it some life back. Very happy with results so far.
:thumbsup:

it would look better without the side skirts and rear bumper and that way you can lower that puppy and it will look much better with you adding the larger tires later on down the road.

Thanks, that's the plan!

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Here are a few shots of the shift knob the previous owner had on the car at the time of purchase. :deeplist:

The eyes glowed red when you pressed in the throat. Only one eye remains glowing today lol.

It was a horrible shift knob for function. Will try and get pics of the new shift knob up soon.

IMG_20150615_194906211_zps5rtr1gme.jpg

IMG_20150615_194847134_zpsvovcxdc2.jpg

IMG_20150615_194911685_zpsrzqa8qc7.jpg

:deeplist:

Kind of hard to see but here is the new one

WP952015061295179557955495Pro_zpsvtci4103.jpg

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
hahaha, Not only did the autozone shift knob look like sh*t & function like sh*t... it sounded like sh*t too. The damn thing rattled around like marbles in a cheap plastic case because thats exactly what was happening lol.

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Lmao, that guy did not deserve to own that cobra I mean that shift knob is a joke. I mean to each there own, but I hate when I see someone take a nice car and autozone it out lol

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Lmao, that guy did not deserve to own that cobra I mean that shift knob is a joke. I mean to each there own, but I hate when I see someone take a nice car and autozone it out lol

Lmao. For real! The car deserved/had to be saved.

Did you see the sticker he had on the rear driver window? lol.

I wish i still had the sticker of the ghetto graffiti chick he had on the headliner to show you guys but i think i lost it. It was so awful. :Dlol

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Lmao. For real! The car deserved had to be saved.

Did you see the sticker he had on the rear driver window? lol.

I wish i still had the sticker of the ghetto graffiti chick he had on the headliner to show you guys but i think i lost it. It was so awful. :Dlol
Lmao, naw I didn't see it and I don't think I want to. I don't want the horrible nightmares lol

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
This weekend I was able to test the new suspension around some country mountain back-roads. Needless to say I love the new suspension! I of course did not take these turns "all-out" but regardless i experienced 0 body roll and it stayed straight as an arrow. Very happy with results.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Update:

Tried to get a season out of the previous owners stage 2 clutch before swapping the clutch and trans. Throw-out bearing was whining medium loudness but not to bad. Well this week the bearing went. Lucky i was near a friends property and did not lose the ability to move the car. Just experienced some nasty, nasty noises each time i had to engage the clutch.

Going with mcglsr2 and some others recommendation and getting a t56. Looks like the t56 is going-in earlier than expected. Also a new stage 2 clutch.
Keeping the mgw short shift if its still in good condition, getting new mgw short shift if it shows signs of being worn.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Update:

Tried to get a season out of the previous owners stage 2 clutch before swapping the clutch and trans. Throw-out bearing was wining medium loudness but not to bad. Well this week the bearing went. Lucky i was near a friends property and did not lose the ability to move the car. Just experienced some nasty, nasty noises each time i had to engage the clutch.

Going with mcglsr2 and some others recommendation and getting a t56. Looks like the t56 is going-in earlier than expected. Should be in by end of next week. Also a new stage 2 clutch. Any brands to look into?
Keeping the mgw short shift if its still in good condition, getting new mgw short shift if it shows signs of being worn.

Ugh jealous.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Update:

After checking whats out there and being taken off guard a little early, i have decided to go with the 26 Spline T45 source Street/Strip package. The reviews are great, Zak is a very nice guy and a few have even went as far as to say "makes the t56 feel like a truck tranny" Its rated for 700RW. Cost is significantly less than the t56, and will still permit all the hard shifting i plan on doing in the future. Worst comes to worst if i need the t56 down the road ill swap this t45 in the 97 (plan on building that one for strip use only).

Clutch and flywheel + other misc on order. Looks like wheels and tires and asthetics plans will have to wait for now.

MrE

Reaction score
Great thread. cant wait to see what else you got.

The skirts and wing arent that bad. They nicely break up the soft lines this car is known for. Might be more trouble taking them off. If you wanted to go lower id say ditch the skirts but keep the wing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online