1999 Gt Crank no start

Vicius

Reaction score
Hi all I bought a 1999 Mustang GT 4.6l about 3 months back and have had nothing but headaches from it, It takes spells of cranking but not starting there has been 2 times it just shut off while driving down the road and a few more that I just go out to the car and it wont start, when it does start it runs great except a strange hum from around the CCRM, but when it doesnt start I get the PATS errors, and the Odometer all dashes, I have ran new grounds from the Battery to both sides of the body and the alternator bracket, and removed all factory grounds and grinded them down to bare metal and replaced the connectors, I ran direct ground wires to the CCRM case and to the case of the ECU, nothing I do seems to help but if I let it set a few days it will resolve the problem itself, thinking of replacing the CCRM the one that is installed has the part number F6SF-12B577-AB the date on it is from 2004 so it has been replaced at sometime, and tips or other things that could be causing the issue would be great money is very tight here spent every extra dime I had to buy my dream car now its been nothing but a Nightmare, also I changed out the dash gauges but used the odometer from the old gauges.. Thanks in advance...

07GtS197

Reaction score
So you swapped the gauge cluster? Did you move the pats module over to the new cluster? Try pulling the ccrm, open it and check all the traces and relays. One could be getting flaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V

Vicius

Reaction score
Yea I did move the part of the old gauge cluster over to the cluster it ran for a few days with the new cluster thank you for the advice will take the ccrm back out and check it.

OP
OP
V

Vicius

Reaction score
Also I got the CCRM out today and took it apart looks like there is something all over the board and one of the relays looks like it has some kind of liquid coming from it and the bigger relays look covered in some kind of liquid, going to buy one tomorrow will let you know how it goes.. Thanks again..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If your getting pats errors when it doesn't start I would start at the key/ignition and the pats antenna receiver.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online