1999 Mustang V6 Convertible- No Courtesy Lights when door is open

Matts1999

Reaction score
Hi everyone i'm new here i have a 1999 ford mustang v6 convertible and i can not get the rearview mirror lights to turn on when the door is open or if i turn the headlight switch knob all the way to the left to where it clicks, when i do that i hear the relay click in i belive the gem module but the courtesy lights in the mirror still dont light up, i verified that the black/white stripe wire has 12v no matter if the door is open or closed, the map lights work fine if you push the button. i tried another GEM module still no difference.

Thanks

Matt

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
testing for voltage at the bulb socket is a good start. Have you checked any fuses? Start there first and don't bother with the manual it takes less time to pull/inspect each fuse then it does to dig out your manual. Don't forget the fuses under the hood.

OP
OP
M

Matts1999

Reaction score
testing for voltage at the bulb socket is a good start. Have you checked any fuses? Start there first and don't bother with the manual it takes less time to pull/inspect each fuse then it does to dig out your manual. Don't forget the fuses under the hood.

Did more testing i checked for voltage at the passenger side door switch, niether wire on the door switch connector has voltage, though when i used a jumper wire and connected the 2 wires together i hear the relay click inside the gem module still no courtesy lights. Bulbs are fine in the mirror because they work when used as map lights, visor lights and trunk lights also work.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken the pin switches should be a negative trigger. Did you try pushing the button when you tested it?

OP
OP
M

Matts1999

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken the pin switches should be a negative trigger. Did you try pushing the button when you tested it?

Did the test with the door open so that should have given it negative voltage but i got none the door switch is part of the latch on 1999-2004.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online