1st Mustang 2000 Gt Convertible Any Advice

JoeyJJB

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. Guess i'll start with that i always wanted 1995 mustang coupe since my mothers boyfriend had one when i was little and i would "help" work on it. As you can tell by my title that's not what i ended up getting, but it was a good deal and its a friends friends car from down south.

So the car is a 2000 Mustang Gt convertible 5 speed black with tan interior with a top that a previous owner spay painted, I'll have to get some pictures when i take it home. So was just wondering if anything i should look out for with these modular motors.

First thing I plan on looking into is an intermittent knock/tick the motor has around 1500 to 2000 rpms that has been there for the past 4 years they drove it. I know red flag but there not a stranger so i believe them plus it was cheep so i can recoup in parts alone if need be.

So that's my story, hello everyone, and thank you for having me.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. That intermittent tick could be a weak chain tensioner. We have some great guys here that are much better versed in modular tech than I am. You should start up a thread in the 2V section and we’ll help get you squared away.

OP
OP
J

JoeyJJB

Reaction score
script>
Thanks I'll probably do that if i run into trouble, also here are the pictures.
bd292041-93be-4fc9-81ad-2dc112f66cc8.jpg photo_2020-06-07_20-31-04.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online