2" drop too much?

94Vert

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
2 inch is too much for a daily driven car in the North. My Steeda Sport Lites dropped me alot and it looks and feels great but hitting stuff scares me. I'm afraid i'm gonna do damage on one of those raised man whole covers because the front sits low.

Yeah i agree, in ohio the roads get nasty after winter.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea F springs, roads here are nasty too. Water main breaks everywhere, which leads to one side of the road higher then the other side of the road

spacemonkey

Reaction score
How low can you go with a 10.5" wheel and 315's?Is 2" to much with much tire?I've been searching but can't seem to find an answer.I must be wording it wrong. :dunno:

95Boss

Reaction score
spacemonkey said:
How low can you go with a 10.5" wheel and 315's?Is 2" to much with much tire?I've been searching but can't seem to find an answer.I must be wording it wrong. :dunno:

You will likely experience some rubbing on the inner fender aprons. Nothing serious. They can be pounded flat. I think 2" is too low. Going up and down accesses to places (driveways) will be a challenge. 1 1/2", to me would be maximum.

GDawg

Reaction score
I'll let you guys know when my H&R Supersports go up for sale.

ripper

Reaction score
Heres how the lowered Fords in the old days

[attachment deleted by admin]

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fets said:
Yea F springs, roads here are nasty too. Water main breaks everywhere, which leads to one side of the road higher then the other side of the road

You should go with the Ford Racing/Bullitt Suspension kit. It will lower you about 1.25 inches all around and comes with Tokico shocks/struts and thicker sway bars all for @$400. It won't drop you scary low like most springs and will still improve the ride and cornering.

Its the kit i wanted but it was on backorder so i went with the Steeda/Tokico setup for double that price...i might still swap out for those springs in the future.

GDawg

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Heres how the lowered Fords in the old days

Damn... that's slammed compared to how my stock pony was!!! :pimp2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online