2 Great Races Yesterday!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So i was reminded how slow NPI Mustangs are yesterday...My Lexus is in the shop getting serviced so i drove my girls 05 V6 Malibu to work. I'm on a long road thats empty except for me, a late model Maxima and a 96 or 97 GT. I'm at the light and i was messing with the kid in the Mustang just for fun and when the light changes he floors it...so i hit it and not only catch him but pass him :rollinglaugh: man are they slow stock :'(...so we get to the next light and the Mustang gets behind me because he must have been sad...so the Maxima pulls up next to me and starts reving me and he has like 3 gauges in his A pillar and a shift light and fart cannon etc so i figure why not. The light turns green and we go...we were side by side until he shifted then i started pulling on him good and at about 100mph i hear this loud screach...he downshifted by accident :hammer: his girl was in the car and was laughing at him. I just found it all amuzing since i was in my g/f's work cruiser but i guess its fast :dunno: its 200hp and moves.

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
you're lucky it wasn't s/c...hahahahahahahaha
i got a diablo tune on mine...let's run hahahahahahaha

M.O.E

Reaction score
I must back up the maxima! I used to have a 98 5spd with exhaust, CAI,pulleys,six puck clutch. 96-98 GT's was not even any comp! Let alone a malibu :rollinglaugh: I think if I still had my max it could run close to my cobra. What year was the maxima?

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The Maxima was like an 00...don't be so sure it would outrun the Malibu :dancing6:...i was told it will run 15.0 flat by someone on Stangnet who has one and raced it.
This little Chebby hauls ass for the POS it is.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Non PI GTs are slow? ;)

Its weird how torquey my car can be from 1st to 3rd gear almost anywhere but when I mash it sometimes I think to myself, OK is this all it has? :(

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Non PI GTs are slow? ;)

Its weird how torquey my car can be from 1st to 3rd gear almost anywhere but when I mash it sometimes I think to myself, OK is this all it has? :(

Its the intake and cams...they choke after 4500rpms...i hated my car on the highway when it was stock.

Downshift

Reaction score
LOL Beater races are the best. I used to work at napa auto parts and drove delivery GEOs haha man they sucked ass but they were fun to beat on 5 speeds to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online