2 little lines on passenger side

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by AzzLyp, Feb 5, 2016.

1. AzzLyp

AzzLyp Member

I just did a 32v swap on my 98 gt and I'm left with a few lines that I don't have a place for now. There are 2 lines that come out of the top left corner (passenger side) of the engine bay, I connected one to the rear of the intake manifold and that left me with a 2nd line that I do not know where to connect to. I don't even know what it's for. It's the little line next to the service port line. Coincidentally, my a/c doesn't work any more either after the swap even though I still have pressure in my lines, but that's another thread for later if I can't figure it out on my own. Can someone please tell me what those two lines in the corner are for? I'm assuming they're for the vents in the dash? Or at least 1 of them is?

2. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Can you get a picture of them, please?

3. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Yea, hard to diagnose without pics

4. 07GtS197

07GtS197 Well-Known Member

Did you disconnect the ac lines while doing the swap? When I first got my 02 gt the ac didnt work and I tried everything. I thought it was my ccrm, replaced it to no avail and even tried jumping the low and high pressure switches, again didnt work. But as soon as I plugged the high pressure switch back in the compressor kicked on and has been working perfectly ever since lol. And yea post up some pics!

5. AzzLyp

AzzLyp Member

[​IMG]

This little line right here. Not sure if it needs its own vacuum source or if its ok to be left alone.

6. AzzLyp

AzzLyp Member

I didn't disconnect the hard lines, just the plugs going to the hard lines and the compressor, but I hooked both of those back up.

7. Bauman_Octane

Bauman_Octane Member

that almost looks like a egr valve line off a 5.0. not sure if a 32v has that or not. if it isn't affecting anything cap it off. check for suction to see if it's a vaccum line. if so it could be causing a small air leak. did you discconnect any of your a.c. lines? the accumulator will have to be replaced if so.

8. AzzLyp

AzzLyp Member

No, I left the lines connected and only pulled the compressor off to the side. I quickly depressed the Schrader valve on one of the lines and there's still plenty of pressure in the lines. As for that little line, it's on the chassis side and not the engine side, so there's not going to be vacuum unless it's feeding off of the climate controls. But just to see, I stuck my finger on it while the engine was running and I felt nothing from it.

9. 07GtS197

07GtS197 Well-Known Member

The compressor itself might not have freon in it and needs to be primed or else it wont turn on.

10. AzzLyp

AzzLyp Member

I have a can of refrigerant with a gauge on it. I'll check it today and see where it's sitting. Maybe give it a quick shot after I jump the high and low pressure switches, to rule them out.

11. g36 monkey

That looks like the line that goes to another tiny line coming out of the firewall. You say the a/c is not working? Do you mean it is just defaulting to defrost only? That line right there will cause that.

12. Bauman_Octane

Bauman_Octane Member

i thinik you would feel suction on the line if it powered the heat vent controls. maybe not? he said there was no suction on it. makes me think it's a vaccum source line for somthing else. purge canister?

13. g36 monkey

I couldn't feel it on mine :dunno:

14. AzzLyp

AzzLyp Member

No, every vent opens like it's supposed to, but I'm not getting any cold air because the compressor isn't kicking on and the fan isn't coming on when I switch the a/c on so there's no signal getting to either component. I physically pulled each fuse too to make sure it wasn't a fuse problem. It's almost like I either killed the relay in the ccrm or I forgot a ground somewhere.

15. Ogre39

Ogre39 New Member

Ive done the mark viii swap. That line in the pic needs a vacuum source connected to it. Not sure what it does for the A/C, but it does something to make it work correctly.

16. AzzLyp

AzzLyp Member

It's connected now and still no a/c. I'm going to start a new thread just for the a/c now.