2 Step

Mmarcoss2v

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can make the 2 step my main limiter? Instead of me having to use my clutch to engage it

tvsn95

Reaction score
I use the clutch switch, I suitcased into the wire then use a small rocker switch to disconnect when I don't want it. the switch is in the ashtray spot. same home made panel that the exhaust cutout is.
Soo otherwise you will need a button on the shifter or ??

OP
OP
M

Mmarcoss2v

Reaction score
I believe so, I don’t want it to be set for launch control, I want it to engage when I hit the RPM’s I set it to
do you mean add a switch to activate instead of the clutch?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it should be as simple as taking the two wires that are going to the clutch and adding a switch instead. I have not done a 2 step myself but a switch is a switch

tvsn95

Reaction score
I may have misunderstood your question. the msd 2 step requires a 12v signal. then set your desired rpm per the dials and your are set.

Reaction score
If you are talking about setting up a 2-step via SCT/HPTuners and others. I have tuned many 96 and up Mustangs, But only certain PCMs/ECUs will allow the 2-step to work properly. I use SCT 95% of the time the other 5% is HPTuners. I have used other tuning software only because the customer has already bought it. So what I have learned over the years is it's not the software it is the car's ECU not allowing the 2-step feature. So if your ECU will not allow the 2-step you need to purchase a standalone 2-step. You have MSD, N2MB WOT BOX with no-lift shift, and others. Do yourself a favor and get the N2MB WOT BOX!!!!! I had two MSD boxes and both had issues along with some of my friends and customers had issues. DON'T spend your hard-earned money on the MSD and get the N2MB WOT BOX it is even priced cheaper.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online