2000 GT 5 speed transmission into a 1996 Mustang GT

chris91

Reaction score
It will bolt up but the Speedo wont work. You will need to swap your tail housing from the 96 onto the 00 trans.

OP
OP
E

EleanorSN95

Reaction score
Is it hard to swap the tailhousing? What is it? And the guy says he bought it...had it for 2 month . Put a stage four clutch in it. Then blew up his procharged 4.6L motor. So now he's willing to sell the tranny to me for $300 + shippin . And he's giving me the stage 4 clutch with it. Says it runs good, has 126,xxx miles on it... Seem like a good deal or no? Cause I'll buy it right now. I'm carless right now.

chris91

Reaction score
Never done it so I couldnt tell ya. Personally unless you know the person selling I wouldn't buy it. I've dealt with used transmissions and been f**ked, its just not worth the risk. Especially since you know its been beat on since his car is blown.

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I'm guessing you didn't go with it, but for the future. It's easy to swap a tail housing on the T45. Simply pull it apart, trying to keep the orginal seal in tack, and swap them. If you want detailed instructions, or want parts for them.. Just call Zak @T45 source.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online