2000 GT 'bouncy' on Sportlines

heffe2001

Reaction score
Put Eibach Sportlines on my 2000 GT 'vert last fall, just got the car moved into my garage to work on the motor, and noticed that the car seems extremely bouncy. Last spring, I replaced the shocks and struts with KYB GR-2/Excel-G's (this was on the factory springs at the time, ride was much improved over the 170k mile factory struts/shocks that were on it when I bought it). I'm wondering if I could get rid of some of the bounce by replacing those base-model shocks/struts with some good adjustables, if it'd help tighten up and make the bouce go away, lol. Or would I be better off going with rear coilovers?

It's mostly coming from the rear I believe (yeah, the sportlines weren't made for the GT Convertible), so I'm guessing it's partly due to the weight being more on the convertible.

I've got the car in my basement getting ready to fix my timing chain issues, along with pulling the interior and making some changes there as well, figure I may as well look at the suspension while I've got it torn down..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online