2000 GT Windsor block valve cover bolts

heffe2001

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what bolts go where on a 2000 windsor 4.6 block? I took pictures of the valve covers before I took 'em off, but somehow lost 'em.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Are you looking for the placement of the cam cover bolts?

If so, I don't know exactly where they go but I do know that you don't want the ones with studs at the top to be at the bottom by the strut tower or the master cylinder.

OP
OP
H

heffe2001

Reaction score
Yeah, placement was what I'm after. Going to work on it this weekend, I can probably figure out most of them, since the wiring harness has spots that attach to the studs. I'm just surprised that I've not been able to find a diagram for it like the timing cover guide from ford (shows which bolt goes where, by size and type).

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, placement was what I'm after. Going to work on it this weekend, I can probably figure out most of them, since the wiring harness has spots that attach to the studs. I'm just surprised that I've not been able to find a diagram for it like the timing cover guide from ford (shows which bolt goes where, by size and type).

If your wiring harness is stock, it should tell you everything you need to know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah