2000 Mustang GT Build

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Alright guys I finally got me another mustang after my 90 Gt was taken away from me with no warning, ( dude t boned me ) so here it is. It's a 2000 Mustang Gt and I still can't belive its mine. I picked it up the other night and I've already been on American muscle I don't know how many times. This will be my first 4.6 so im gonna need you guys help along the way but I know I can count on you guys, so here it is just how I picked it up. I threw a little water on it and tire shine but that's about it. REALLY READY TO GET STARTED BUILDING...:headbang: And I will put pics up as soon as I find out how. lol and if someone on here could tell me that would be great.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Sucks about the fox! Another stang is good though. To upload pics download photobucket on your phone. Upload pics to it, and than you click on the picture and you should find an

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
MAN THANKS SO MUCH the5.ohh your a life saver, and thanks mustangchris it feels good to be back but I finally got the pics up of the car. Tell me what you guys think, I think I did pretty good for my first 4.6 lol

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I'm digging that it has the Saleen kit . Saleens are my favourite of the new edge body style . Definitely a good start

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Ditto. Saleen new edge is one of the best Mustang to date IMO. What are your plans/goals for the exterior, interior and engine?

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
I'm planning on going back the same color but with some type of cowl hood, and I don't know why but I really like those fr500 wheels but it's between those and the saleen wheels. The interior is ok, its tan and I have always had black interior but I guess you guys can help me on the interior. Now the engine, I plan on doing the basics first with all the bolt ons I can then as I get more familiar with it go on to the bigger stuff since im new to these ( this is where you guys come in again ). I really miss the sound of a good cam like the one I had in my 94 gt so eventually I would love to get there again. But until then all comments, help, ideas, and everything else is welcome on this long journey....

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
O yea and this weekend im planning on ordering a bunch of stuff from American muscle... lowering springs, performance clutch, and other small stuff so I will keep you guys updated on that.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
No problem man glad I could help! Car really looks great, love the Saleen kit and the older cobra wheels.

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help and positive feedback guys, I can start to get to the good stuff now since I am the registered owner of it now and all the paperwork is done meaning I OWN IT LOL ( just got it so you know what I mean ). I have purchased a lot of things for it already and have started to do little things to make it look better, I actually cleaned the headlights the other day so I was pretty proud of that and it was much better than the hazed up ones. I will post some pics of the before and after

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
I just ordered my exedy stage 2 clutch and some other small things and I can 't wait for them to get here. I will take pics of everything when it comes in.

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Had to change out some messed up door panels the guy that owned the car before me put on. He did do one thing right though...
1393728092_zps271fad0c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1393728097_zpsfd3bbd90.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1393728103_zps44349c3f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1393728110_zps8531eff2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Nice dynamat. I'd love to do some of that in my car one day lol. I wouldn't be surprised if he did parts of the trunk or maybe under the carpet too

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Nice dynamat. I'd love to do some of that in my car one day lol. I wouldn't be surprised if he did parts of the trunk or maybe under the carpet too
I sure hope he did, but I haven't had a reason to check anywhere else yet so idk yet. And im steady finding things done right through this car but other things like those door panels that I just didn't agree with lol

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Very nice man, I look forward to seeing what else you do with the car. It's exciting to order parts and watch them roll in, just like christmas!

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Very nice man, I look forward to seeing what else you do with the car. It's exciting to order parts and watch them roll in, just like christmas!
Only thing is this Christmas can last as long as I want, just ordered some lowering springs and other things to replace the clutch. Can't wait for those to come in...

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok guys I have a lot of updating to do, first off I bought some new wheels for it this weekend. They are some 19s and basically fell in my lap. I was at the car wash washing my car and a guy drives up and basically gives them to me for the price I paid because he had to get rid of them then. I will post pics of them later. Then my springs and all that came in ( about to put them in today hopefully ). I also went to swap out my clutch yesterday and found some interesting info out when I dropped my trans, everyone had been telling me my car was an 8 bolt crank and guess what I found when I dropped it...... A 6 bolt crank, now I don't know what this means so that's why im asking you guys. So I have to get a new flywheel which isn't a huge problem but the problem is that I ordered my clutch from American Muscle and I think its to small because it was for an 8 bolt flywheel so how do you guys think I can resolve this problem asap because my car is still at the shop tore down. I will add all the pics in a little while.... And thanks in advance for all the help and feedback

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online