2000 Mustang No Wipers or Washer

JoeyJJB

Reaction score
Looking for a wiring diagram or service manual for my 2000 ford mustang convertible because i noticed today that the wipers do not work. I checked the relay under the hood there is no power telling the relay to close then i checked the CJB fuse 26 and the fuse is good, then i checked for power in the actual fuse socket for fuse 26 and their is no power.

So my question is what wire feeds this fuse and is there fuse-able link somewhere that could have blown before the fuse. Or if someone knows where i can get a wiring diagram for this car, or just let me know if this fuse should have power all the time or should it be ignition switched power so i can just run an overlay wire to feed it, thank you.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t worry about what each fuse is labeled as. Take the time to test every fuse in the car. Under the dash and under the hood. There’s several that cross power other things not mentioned in the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as he said it actually takes less time then trying to find the right section in the manual. Just pull/inspect each one or if you have a volt meter/test light you can drag it down each of the metal contacts on the back of the fuse while its in the fuse box. Make sure the key is on and touch each of the metal parts just above/below the fuse rating number and make sure its hot on both, or not on both.

OP
OP
J

JoeyJJB

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice some things came up that made me put this project aside but i figure i would update with my solution. There is a black with green stripe wire running from the ignition switch and it has a splice right above the fuse box. One side of the splice feeds the circuit breaker in slot 43. The other side of the splice feeds fuse 20 (convertible top switch), 26 (wiper switch, wiper motor, and washer pump relay), 32 (Radio, General Electronics Module). Checked where both sides of the splice went into the back of the fuse box and there was power with the ignition on. But i still had no power on the front side of the fuse box in both fuse slot 26 and 32. After some poking around in the fuse box under the dash and thinking i have a burned out connection in the fuse box itself and getting ready to add an auxiliary fuse box, i decide to try to push the i guess you could call it bus bar that feeds those fuse slots further down into the fuse box. Then i recheck those slots from the front and there was power, i put the fuses back in and the wipers work and as an added bonus the auto down driver window started working as well.

So i think i may have caused that issue with the fuse box bus bar becoming unseated when i had taken the dash out of the car, also the car doesn't currently have a radio so that is why i didn't notice that there was no power feeding the radio as well. Sorry the long winded explanation but i figured it best to update with my solution, also I''m uploading a wiring diagram that helped me.

Attachments

• Wiring 2003.png
    Wiring 2003.png
    313.3 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online