2000 GT, Another sn95?

joe65

Reaction score
Hello, just logged into the site yesterday. I'm a long time Mustang junkie. This current car is my 3rd sn95 and I've had a few foxes ( 3 coupes and 3 GTs/LXs). Wanted to find my original Black 00 GT, but didn't dig hard enough to find the VIN so i could track it down. But, realized i didn't really want another black car so starting looking for a white or red GT and landed with this one. Has 200k miles on it. Its really pretty rough. The interior really needs to be pulled and replaced minus the dash and head liner. The body had some dents and minor rust started so i'm having those addressed now. Since i bought this in October i've been hoarding parts awaiting my time and some warmer garage temps. Starting with the suspension and working my way to the engine eventually. Basic plan is a solid street car that can be driven hard when i have the need. I've gone round and round about NA vs boosted and i've landed for now on a good running NA with TFS heads. Really want to go turbo, but emissions here is a PITA. On with pics..

Bought the car with chrome 03 cobra reps that were painted black...wheels really were trashed. yanked those right away. Found cheap used headlights to use until i can refinish the originals. Exhaust was trashed too, leaking, rusting, hack job, no cats, just flows....yanked that next for a stock 4 cat h and a 3 inch bassani cat back (new) i happened on by luck for cheap.

i have control arms front and back, springs, cc plates, and steering rack links to get on. Will be getting full length SFC's and brake stuff soon, gears 3:73's and a new trac lok on the way soon also.

Attachments

• 20190908_211337.jpg
    20190908_211337.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20191109_151054.jpg
    20191109_151054.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20191006_093053.jpg
    20191006_093053.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0269.JPG
    DSCN0269.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0268.JPG
    DSCN0268.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Oh yeah also had to deal with a messed up driver's window regulator issue. someone tried to fix the bracket that connects the window to the regulator. Tried. I pulled a regulator and window from a pullnpay and replaced that. Lesson learned there, don't try to pull the motor out separately from the regulator. pull the whole damn thing out together.

Attachments

• 20191123_111931.jpg
    20191123_111931.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 26

Silver95bird

Reaction score
Was performance red available on all cars that year, or was it a cobra r color and it was repainted?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Was performance red available on all cars that year, or was it a cobra r color and it was repainted?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It was available that year along with Laser Red. Which i'm not as big a fan of.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to see you keeping that car alive. Looks like a nice ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
Welcome!

Funny enough my first gt was a black 00 gt. And when I was looking for another new edge I also wanted either red or white but ended up with mineral grey lol.

3ced04e99f29bed163c0ff9fd072fe7d.jpg

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Welcome!

Funny enough my first gt was a black 00 gt. And when I was looking for another new edge I also wanted either red or white but ended up with mineral grey lol.

3ced04e99f29bed163c0ff9fd072fe7d.jpg

that is funny, because i almost bought a mineral grey one. It was a good price but it was having transmission issues (bad 2nd gear) and i decided not to mess with it. I told myself on this go round i wanted a driving car that would be kept mostly driveable. I've done the thing where you tear a car apart and hardly ever drive it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
that is funny, because i almost bought a mineral grey one. It was a good price but it was having transmission issues (bad 2nd gear) and i decided not to mess with it. I told myself on this go round i wanted a driving car that would be kept mostly driveable. I've done the thing where you tear a car apart and hardly ever drive it.

Thats pretty much what I’m doing now lol. I bought it because the price was good and it was stock. I honestly wasn’t in love with the color but I love it now. Its unique although it was the most produced color in 02... Anyway its a slow project that I hope to put on the road again soon. I had to transfer the plate to another car but I’m at the point financially where I can put it on the road again. I can’t wait its a fun car. I love my 17 gt but theres something about the sn95 that I love. It feels more like a sports car than my 17.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Thats pretty much what I’m doing now lol. I bought it because the price was good and it was stock. I honestly wasn’t in love with the color but I love it now. Its unique although it was the most produced color in 02... Anyway its a slow project that I hope to put on the road again soon. I had to transfer the plate to another car but I’m at the point financially where I can put it on the road again. I can’t wait its a fun car. I love my 17 gt but theres something about the sn95 that I love. It feels more like a sports car than my 17.

Agree, there's something about the sn95 for me also. Feels better than a fox (tin can) but so much the same and doesn't feel huge like the new mustang. I went and drove an ecoboost last year and it just felt like a land yacht to me. I'm also really not impressed with the dash look these days. I know i'm getting old..but.

and for the record, if i had the chance to buy an affordable GT350 yeah i'd drive the piss out of that. Has to be the best sounding motor (voodoo) ever put in a mustang.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Thought i'd post some more crap because i don't want to work today. Luckily i have a desk job so i can log in here during the day. Anyways, the junk exhaust i pulled out of the GT and the 3" bassani i fitted underneath. i wasn't looking for a 3" catback it kind of found me and Bassani sound is my favorite. Thought i'd also post 2 other projects my son and i have. 03 svt focus, stock just trying to fix other's stupid decisions or lack of maintenance. We also have a Ranger with a 5.0 swap. Its been a headache. The crate motor we put in it was fucked by some bad decisions. Then the Audi i sold to buy the GT. I did the Audi thing for 5 or 6 years. that one was running e85 and ready for a big turbo, but i just got bored with not being able to spin the tires unless it was snowy. lol. Oh and my last fox.
20191012_152818.jpg 20191012_152828.jpg 20200104_152831.jpg 20190702_192220.jpgIMG_1028.JPG IMG_0234.JPG T

Last edited:
OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Just picked up these tonight. Just need to buy the heads now. :)
20200206_181845.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That ranger is too cool.

Also, with those covers, make sure they have the baffles inside them around the pcv holes. If not, you’ll suck up a bunch of oil.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
yeah that ranger is stupid fun to drive also. We did side exit exhaust in front of the rear wheel and with just a flowmaster muffler the thing sounds great. I'm not a huge fan of flowmaster anymore, but probably because of the shorter length of pipe it just sounds good. That thing also has 3:73s and it just wants to spin the tires all day long. I had friend who's son is working at a custom shop so we had them do the swap for us. Wish i had done it myself, but at the time i couldn't get to it. I was trying to talk my Son into a 2.3 turbo for it but he really wanted the 5.0. Anyways the shop was really slow and not as experienced as they said they were. We bought a blueprint crate motor from Summit to have dropped in. Well, they didn't figure out the correct connections for the harness and had the maf wired incorrectly. I didn't figure that out until they had let the damn thing idle for hours for "break in". Anyways, long story but cylinder #5 has oil in it like crazy and keeps fouling the plug. I've done a compression test and its low on that cylinder so i'm pretty sure its a bad ring/s. The story is a bit longer but i had to have another shop help me figure out all the basics on it wiring wise and basic tune to get it running correctly. The thing that sucks is my son paid a good amount of cash to get the swap and we should have just done it.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
That ranger is too cool.

Also, with those covers, make sure they have the baffles inside them around the pcv holes. If not, you’ll suck up a bunch of oil.

Got it! funny thing, the guy i bought those covers from is a Ford Truck mechanic. He had planned on putting TFS heads on his f150 4.6 but is now wanting to do a Coyote swap. He turned me onto a good inventory of used Coyote motors. So now...i'll mull over the coyote swap idea again.....

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Got it! funny thing, the guy i bought those covers from is a Ford Truck mechanic. He had planned on putting TFS heads on his f150 4.6 but is now wanting to do a Coyote swap. He turned me onto a good inventory of used Coyote motors. So now...i'll mull over the coyote swap idea again.....

Well, if you have any coyote swap questions, I can probably answer them. I pretty well just finished mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online