2000 GT, Another sn95?

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Spent a little time on the car tonight. Replacing the tie rods.20200218_204958.jpg

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Got to spend a little time on the coil overs for the car this weekend. Then my daughter's Mazda 6 decided to blow a coolant hose...so i was interrupted. Anyways got the passenger's side coil over loosely fit in. Need to finish that and move to the driver's side. I've not had the chance to use a set of adjustable coil overs before. I'm pretty excited for this.
upload_2020-3-2_9-42-32.png

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
got most of the front end work done. coil overs are on, just need some final tightening and checking on things before i call it done. Found this while removing the driver's side control arm. The spring had broken. Maybe 1/3 of the last coil so this was someone's solution. yeah lets make up the length by putting this under the coil spring?? Glad i found it before i had many miles on the car. I did replace the control arms, both sides. Now i need new brakes. Can't put that old rusty junk back on after all the new suspension parts.

also realized i didn't buy new shorter sway bar end links.

upload_2020-3-9_9-35-10.png

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Need to post some pics on my stuff here. I'm still fighting with a control arm bolt. i've messed with the goddamn thing for hours now trying to get it out. Its seized to the metal sleeve inside the rubber bushing. It will rotate but is stuck to the sleeve so it wont come out. Started burning out the bushing so i could try and get to the sleeve. I'm pretty pissed at how this is taking. I have all the parts for the coil over set up and control arms and this is keeping me from moving forward.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
was the coil spring part still inside the rubber insulator? thats supposed to cover the bottom of the spring so it doesnt vibrate and squeak.

I had a bolt get stuck in a sleeve like you describe in my old Thunderbird. it eventually came loose with a second set of hands, one spinning the bolt with an impact gun, and another set using an air hammer to push it back.

Hope you dont have to start dremeling the bolts into pieces. yuck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Didn't have a problem with the coil spring, it came right off the top of the control arm. It's the rear bolt on the control arm where it threads through the axle bracket that's the problem.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
i'm so pumped about it its keeping me up at night. trying to keep myself on track with getting suspension done this summer then work into getting all the shit rounded up for the swap over the winter.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
20200420_194109.jpg
Theres the pos that has kept me from getting the arm off and new one on along with the coil over. Got it to move tonight so I might get a pry bar under the head on the back side.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Angle grinder? At least a dremel or die grinder. Take it out, stop messin with it!

Now git it! Git it boy, git it!!

Silver95bird

Reaction score
i thought he was working on the front control arms. rear has so much more access.

3' sledge or I'd have pried it wide and cut the bolt off.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
yeah i hear you guys. i have been beating the holy fuck out of it with a sledge to pop it through. its just seized on the sleeve and won't pop through. i don't have a grinder but am about to go buy one. i've had bolts break before in a turbo and all that but this is nuts because it turns but that sleeve is just keeping it from popping through. its stupid, i know. it will be done this week.

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Looks good and I'm extremely jealous of that garage set up.

How do you like the Bassani exhaust as far as fitment being 3"? My stingers seemed like a tight fit, and pretty much every exhaust before it, especially on the passenger side going between the gas tank and rear tire. Any issues there?

How would you rate Bassani as far as tone compared to other exhausts? I've had Flowmaster Super 44's, MAC Flowpaths, Magnaflow Magnapaks and now Stingers. Stingers are by FAR my favorite.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Looks good and I'm extremely jealous of that garage set up.

How do you like the Bassani exhaust as far as fitment being 3"? My stingers seemed like a tight fit, and pretty much every exhaust before it, especially on the passenger side going between the gas tank and rear tire. Any issues there?

How would you rate Bassani as far as tone compared to other exhausts? I've had Flowmaster Super 44's, MAC Flowpaths, Magnaflow Magnapaks and now Stingers. Stingers are by FAR my favorite.

the only reason i have the 3" Bassani rather than 2.5" is that i got it for a steal. the guy i bought it from changed his mind on his build and wanted to unload stuff. So i got the 3" bassani plus a 3" x pipe, an aluminum driveshaft and 47# injectors for $300. I almost felt bad, but he really just wanted the stuff gone.

Anyways, i went looking for Bassani because its my favorite and they don't seem to be making cat backs any more for foxs and sn95s. I've had a flowmaster/mac prochamber set up before that was really deep sounding that everyone liked but i went to the bassani x and cat back on my 03 mach1 and just can't get enough of the sound. right now the bassani doesn't rub or bang, which i'm amazed at. but i know i'll have to go to 2.5" tails to get a panhard bar on it.

we have a borla muffler to put on the ranger 5.0 project we have (Son) so i'll see how we like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
found this video that just gets me all riled up to get the Coyote in my car.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’ve seen that guy in action. He gets low 11s in the 1/4 mile, not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
I’ve seen that guy in action. He gets low 11s in the 1/4 mile, not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah i'm not thinking i'll get that with mine. Just hoping to have a good running car. But that video keeps me motivated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online