2000 GT, Another sn95?

miscreant

Reaction score
Awesome choice to go with a coyote. I've been reading a lot about them and love to swap/build one sometime in the future.
If you're looking for some information on coyotes or even newer mustangs Alejandro Flores has a lot of live streams on Youtube that are full of information (also pretty entertaining) and Power by the Hour sells a lot of good swap parts and also has a good Youtube channel to watch.
I can't wait to watch this build grow. I love all these new sn95-coyote swaps.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
I'll be watching this closely. I love the idea of coyote swaps but every one ive seen done was littered with tuning and driveability problems, especially the supposedly simple wiring setups Ford sells for them. If they get to a point where i have faith in them, i might consider them more myself.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Awesome choice to go with a coyote. I've been reading a lot about them and love to swap/build one sometime in the future.
If you're looking for some information on coyotes or even newer mustangs Alejandro Flores has a lot of live streams on Youtube that are full of information (also pretty entertaining) and Power by the Hour sells a lot of good swap parts and also has a good Youtube channel to watch.
I can't wait to watch this build grow. I love all these new sn95-coyote swaps.

I've come across Alejandro's videos. I try and find anything i can with the good ole you tube or google search.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
I'll be watching this closely. I love the idea of coyote swaps but every one ive seen done was littered with tuning and driveability problems, especially the supposedly simple wiring setups Ford sells for them. If they get to a point where i have faith in them, i might consider them more myself.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I had kind of talked myself out of it before because of some of the reasons you mention. when i purchased my current car in September i bought it with the intention of just doing a 5.0 swap because it had 200k on it and the 4.6 is feeling pretty worn. then i thought i'd keep it simple and just put a TFS top end kit on the 2v. Or buy a short block and do the same. Anyways, this is just a weekend or fun car for me so now that i'm going the 5.0 route i'm thinking it won't be a hurry up project.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Well then youll fit right on in around here. Most of us are under construction any how. Just keep posting your progress. It helps keep interest in your project and we stay interested in this site!

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Finally got this hore out. Finally just found the right piece of pipe that would fit over the nut on the loose end to pound it through. Then i moved to the front bolt, its even harder to get to, and its rusted too. WTF? Well it will be fall before i get my coil over/control arm replacement done. I think i had seriously 4 hours of time into getting that thing out. Heated it at least 4 times.
20200424_080511.jpg 20200424_080527.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got this hore out. Finally just found the right piece of pipe that would fit over the nut on the loose end to pound it through. Then i moved to the front bolt, its even harder to get to, and its rusted too. WTF? Well it will be fall before i get my coil over/control arm replacement done. I think i had seriously 4 hours of time into getting that thing out. Heated it at least 4 times.
View attachment 3796 View attachment 3797

Yeah mine look. Like that on the front bolts. Gonna cut it all out soon so I can install the irs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.garza18

Reaction score
So I picked up the coyote I found a couple weeks ago. It was pulled from a 2016 gt the just stopped running. I dont know the real story on the car but was told the kid was driving and it just stopped running. Ford supposedly told him no warranty because he was running it with aftermarket exhaust. So it was taken to some private shop pulled and replaced with a new motor. I couldn't get any diagnosis and I didnt really get to look it over before making the decision to buy it. Paid $1k so I figured what the hell. Anyways pulled plugs and found one crushed to almost no gap. Looked in the exhaust port and can see a bent valve messed up seat. But I only see that in cyl. #7. All others look clean.
Nice! Even with that damage $1k is a hell of a deal! Can’t wait to see more progress best of luck!

Addicted

Reaction score
You can pass up a deal, but can't pass up a steal! You stole that one. I hope you get it up and running.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Finally got this somebitch out tonight. Ended up having to cut it. 20200504_175959.jpg 20200504_175612.jpg what a pain in the ass. Contol arms with 200k miles and rust.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Pulled the coyote intake manifold tonight so I could see into the heads. Yeah, found this. So at the very least a head and a piston. I'm going to guess the valve stem hit the cylinder wall. I could be the owner of a $1000 boat anchor. That's cylinder #720200506_203000.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled the coyote intake manifold tonight so I could see into the heads. Yeah, found this. So at the very least a head and a piston. I'm going to guess the valve stem hit the cylinder wall. I could be the owner of a $1000 boat anchor. That's cylinder #7View attachment 4185

Hope for the best, expect them worst. As long as there’s not a hole in the wall and the damage isn’t too deep then the block should be salvageable.

Get it torn down and assess the damage in full. Plenty of parts to be found to help get it back together.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
Hope for the best, expect them worst. As long as there’s not a hole in the wall and the damage isn’t too deep then the block should be salvageable.

Get it torn down and assess the damage in full. Plenty of parts to be found to help get it back together.

yeah, i'm still on the band wagon with it. After adding up building a decent 4.6 I'd be into it for the same cash approx. so id rather build new stuff. Hey i'll get to know how a 32 valve 5.0 is put together....well, taken apart then put together. lol

Last edited:

Addicted

Reaction score
You may have gotten lucky with the block, the head definitely be questionable. Looks like the guide didnt go down with the rest of it. I hope all is best for you brother! I wish you the best!

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
You may have gotten lucky with the block, the head definitely be questionable. Looks like the guide didnt go down with the rest of it. I hope all is best for you brother! I wish you the best!

Thanks, I guess we'll see soon enough.
If the block is good I'll be happy. Worried if stuff got in the pan. I'll drop that this weekend.

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
spent some time on attempting to get my drivers side rear control arm out. At least i learned that i just have to cut the bolts instead of fucking with them for weeks to try and get them to loosen up. I'm down to 1 cut left. Discovered that buying off brand blades is a waste of money. Longest rear control arm replacement in history going on here. I remember doing this before, including uppers in a day on a couple fox bodies. Also discovered the axle seal on that side was leaking along with the pinion seal on the diff. Fuck when i'm done with this car everything will be new or had maintenance done on it. I mean everything.20200526_090304.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online