2001 supercharger setup on a 1996 motor?

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
My friend is giving me the opporunity to buy his supercharger setup from him. Off a 2001 GT, automatic. Its a Paxton NOVI 2000 unit. basically hes including everything, the pipes, intercooler, injectors, all the related stuff. How much does that setup differ from the one they offer for the 96 GT? My motor is out of a 96 GT. I know i need a different mounting bracket, but what else would i need?

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
basically, the m otors are the same right? just different heads and cams and intake....so the bolt up for the bracket must be the same....what about the coil packs? gotta mount the passenger one somewhere else, the supercharger is gonnabe obstructing it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea, the bracket would be a issue other than that I dont have any coming to mind ??? it should be a pretty easy install

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
yea, the bracket would be a issue other than that I dont have any coming to mind ??? it should be a pretty easy install

Fuel system maybe? I know i gotta get it tuned after im done.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
68mustang5.0 said:
Snakebit said:

Fuel system maybe? I know i gotta get it tuned after im done.

well thats true with any blower install, you need inj/pump and a tune

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
deffinately a different fuel system, other than that i think just a bracket you need, maybe other little bits and pieces but nothing major that pops into mind...good luck!

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
shit, awesome! Looks like ill be boosting my pony this summer ;D :pimp: :pimp:

S

scarface

there shouldnt be any difference in the two motors..99-00 would be some minor issues, but the 01-04 should be golden. To be sure Pm DropTopPony on here...If anyone knows for sure it will be him.

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
scarface said:
there shouldnt be any difference in the two motors..99-00 would be some minor issues, but the 01-04 should be golden. To be sure Pm DropTopPony on here...If anyone knows for sure it will be him.

Is the fuel systems different? Isnt one return style and one returnless?

ripper

Reaction score
You will need a 255gph fuel pump booster in addition to your in tank. MAF should be upgraded too as the blower will pin your stock one. You may not have to move the coil pak if you run the pipe past it then to your intake. (im assuming no intercooler). You can get the bracket from paxton or maybe even summit or jeggs has them. The new belt you will need is a 113 inch. Here is the dayco poly cog part number 5061130. Buy 2 and keep one in the car lol. You said he is giving you the injectors? They should be 42's. Novi 2000 is a good s/c and is capable of making way too much boost for your motor so i would get it tuned before i drove it under any boost. DONT buy a powerpipe. You are gonna have 10lbs or better of boost allready and a stock motor with 95k on it wont take any more than that.

ps you have a retun style fuel system

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Stevo said:
You will need a 255gph fuel pump booster in addition to your in tank. MAF should be upgraded too as the blower will pin your stock one. You may not have to move the coil pak if you run the pipe past it then to your intake. (im assuming no intercooler). You can get the bracket from paxton or maybe even summit or jeggs has them. The new belt you will need is a 113 inch. Here is the dayco poly cog part number 5061130. Buy 2 and keep one in the car lol. You said he is giving you the injectors? They should be 42's. Novi 2000 is a good s/c and is capable of making way too much boost for your motor so i would get it tuned before i drove it under any boost. DONT buy a powerpipe. You are gonna have 10lbs or better of boost allready and a stock motor with 95k on it wont take any more than that.

ps you have a retun style fuel system

My motor has 65k, and its intercooled, so hes giving me that too. I think i need to move the coil pack, that damn NOVI is HUGE! So get a 255 GPH booster and 42lb injectors? He was gonna give me 36 lb. injectors.

S

scarface

68mustang5.0 said:
scarface said:

Is the fuel systems different? Isnt one return style and one returnless?
yeah, but that shouldnt have anything to do with the SC kit. get the SC, injectors, fuel pump, and a FPR, and go boost about.
Stevo said:
You are gonna have 10lbs or better of boost allready and a stock motor with 95k on it wont take any more than that.

as Greg would say "oh yeah?"

I run 13 psi on my npi engine all long, and have run more that that before.

S

scarface

68mustang5.0 said:
My motor has 65k, and its intercooled, so hes giving me that too. I think i need to move the coil pack, that damn NOVI is HUGE! So get a 255 GPH booster and 42lb injectors? He was gonna give me 36 lb. injectors.
you are going to need the novi coil pack braket, but that isnt any big deal...you could probably make it yourself if you wanted to. I have been told a 255 LPH intake pump is good for over 400 WHP. I run a 255 in take pump and a t-rex pump inline myself with 42 lb injectors.

ripper

Reaction score
LOL "Oh Yea"

I ran 10lbs on my non pi motor for like 2 months. BOOM! :dunno: jmo

ripper

Reaction score
Dunno maybe, but the same tuner did my new motor and im runnin 14lbs with no probs. Its forged.

S

scarface

Like I said I run 13 psi, and Im not forged...but I dont constantly beat on my car either. (not saying you do)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online