2001 v6 blank odometer

carbuff

Reaction score
So the digital odometer on my "new" car is blank. Im 99% sure It was working when I test drove the car. Ive searched and saw all the posts on the internet about bad solder joints on the pc board causing this issue but its pretty much been an f150 thing. Has anyone had this issue with their mustang? I fixed the bad gear in my old 98 so Im good at taking the cluster out. Anyone done the repair to the digital one?

07GtS197

Reaction score
The cluster needs to be taken out and a few joints need to be resoldered. If you can solder you can do it. Youll probably break a few tabs while taking the dash apart but its part of the fun of owning a mustang!

And to be clear its blank and not showing dashes right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
carbuff

carbuff

Reaction score
Yes, totally blank. Do you think its the same spot where the f150 joints fail? Right opposite the ribbon cable connector. The 2 clusters look remarkably similar.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Couldnt say but most likely. It was common on other fords of that era too including the crown vic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
carbuff

carbuff

Reaction score
So, I removed the cluster and re soldered the pins for the ribbon plug on the pcb. I didnt see any visible defects but its now working so I guess it was a success. Pretty easy to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online