2001 Vortech Acceleration Stutter HELP

Scud2

Reaction score
Help please. So I have a 2001 mustang gt. I threw a vortech on it about a year ago and the thing really woke up. I did injectors and fuel pump. 70mm throttle body and aftermarket plenum. 90mm maf. Got it on the dyno and the plugs started skipping at 5k rpm. New plugs at 035 with accel cops. And there is a slight hesitation when shifting into 2 and into 3. Only when I hit it hard. Its nothing killer but it is for a second and the engine just stutters. If I were to be head to head with someone this would for sure cost me the race. Low rpm acceleration stutter. What can that be. It's not every single time. I don't know how to duplicate it. Cold or warm weather. I recently put a anderson powerpipe. Replaced the fuel filter. Put a nice big air filter on the intake and was hoping for more hp and eliminate the stutter. Worked for the ride home after the dyno. I heard cleaning maf and throttle body. Can it be something I the tune? Boost is pretty normal and vacuum seems to be fine. Not sure but I did get an aftermarket bypass. Its not name brand...my stupid decision again. I ordered crank sensor and tps. Also ordered iac sensor. Some minor upgrades that may be needed anyways. I'll get those in asap. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Scud2

Scud2

Reaction score
All this for nothing. My rev limiter is set at about 6k. So if I shift past that the computer cuts back power and if I shift quick it takes a second to give it back to me hahah. Some guys who do tuning are so smart!

OP
OP
Scud2

Scud2

Reaction score
So ends up my rev limiter was taken off already. I looked into it a little more and found hints on the pprv delete with the heavy upgrades. I found a hose and will try that in the next couple days here. Hope for the best. Anyone with experience on the start ups with the pprv delete. Is it difficult?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010