2002 3.8 V6 Power Cut

ronis

Reaction score
I recently did the clutch, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, clutch fork and pivot stud. Car Sat since november with battery disconnected. First Startup was today it had to be jumped. Took it out for a drive to do stop and go in a parking lot and my dash lights, headlights and radio would turn off and right back on at idle, while in gear driving, and while shifting even at higher speeds 30 mph +. Not Sure what my issue could be. My battery also seems to be draining. Any suggestions would be great.

Reaction score
I would suggest resetting your computer. You do this by disconnecting both battery posts . Let the car sit for at least 10 minutes , then touch the + and - battery cables together to remove all charge in the computer. Next connect the battery terminals. This process should reset the computer.

07GtS197

Reaction score
It sounds like the alternator. I had an issue like that years ago where all the electronics would shut off while driving. Pull the alternator and have it tested at an auto parts store.

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
I have figured it out ground cable was slightly loose seemed to have fixed my issue had to re crimp cuz it was corroded also thanks for wll the suggestions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online