2002 GT project opinion

DDavisIAMT

Reaction score
So I've been eyeing a SN95 mustang for a fun project vehicle. I won't be doing any forced induction, massive engine mods, or drag setups. This will be a daily driver to keep miles off of my truck as well as provide a bit of enjoyment. I came across this ad for a 2002 GT 5 speed that has an engine knock, no exhaust, and needs front seats. I'm sure that it has other issues...

My main question is would this be worth the price, or not? I am not familiar with the cost of a rebuild for a 4.6L, or a used engine. I'll be pulling the motor myself, so I'm just looking to see if anyone has any quick recommendations as to whether this looks like a decent price for this vehicle as I have no knowledge of the SN95.

One thing I don't get is what PI swap can be done on the 02 GT? I thought that was mainly a 96-98 upgrade to the 4.6L? Thanks for any input!

Ad:

Hello i got a 2002 mustang gt it has weird knock in the motor but has the pi swap the heads are completely redone has a nice interior bbk headers car does run and drive its a 5 speed the brakes need to be bled it has a short throw shifter new intake manifold and cold air intake with a aem fuel rail but the car don't got the front seats and no exhaust besides that its real nice body needs a lil work tho
00d0d_5mw6VjmDQdk_600x450.jpg
00303_5A0SFidQmU7_600x450.jpg
00j0j_l6h974dShCc_600x450.jpg
00I0I_g0IEVSYmlh4_600x450.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
It looks like there are exhaust tips in the picture? Also, there is no pi swap to be done on the 2002 GT they came stock with pi equipment. I do not think I would get this car with the intention of daily driving without being ready to put some time and a good bit of money into it. What are they asking for the car? Does it have a clean title? Was it wrecked? Then the biggest question is, how far are you really willing to go to make this car road worthy?

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Heck no. With the condition it looks to be in id pay MAYBE $1k. Further more, if you want a DD i wouldnt suggest a stang. Why? Because you will fall in love with it so much that you will end up wanting to keep the miles of it, effectively ending up and step 1.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Judging by the picture the guy seems to have quite a few mustangs so the fact he is getting rid of this one and parts have already been removed from it tell me that this guy has diagnosed this "knock" and knows what is truly going on and is trying to sell it quick to someone before it completely falls apart. This is what I get from this. There are plenty of mustangs out there don't let anyone make you believe that there's a shortage of any kind. Cash talks so hold out and wait for something road worthy I'm 100% positive you will find it.

Cameron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DDavisIAMT

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking of offering $1000 and if he took it great, if not, oh well. I was already assuming replacing the engine. I called and he had already sold it, so on to the next one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online