For Sale 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited. 4X4. Heated Leather. Many Options. NEW Engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Ok guys so if there is anyone in the market for a nice 4x4 for the midwestern winters here you go! I just finished the overhaul on a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4. As many of you know these 4x4 Jeeps are almost a must in some cities in the midwest once winter comes around. It has 144k miles on it but is in very good shape with little rust. I purchased the car from my girls parents. They were the original owners but about 4 months ago killed it. The engine dropped a valve seat (common problem for the 3.7L) and tore up a piston. Here are some details about the Jeep.

$6500!!!!!!!

Rebuilt Engine 3.7L V6 SOHC
Cleaned/Magnafluxed Block and Crank
Polished Journals
Bored .010 Over
TOTAL $450​
New Updated Cylinder Heads with Updated Valve Seats
Total $630
New Hypereutectic Pistons and 0.010 Piston Rings
New Timing Chain/Sprockets/Tensioner/Guides/Oil Pump
New Complete Gasket Kit
New Rod/Main Bearings
New Water Pump
Total $650
New Spark Plugs
Total $30
New PCV Valves
Total $20
New Air Filter
Total $10
1 New Coil On Plug
Total $40
Block Painted Black with High-Temp Engine Enamel
Total FREE

Total $1830

Drivetrain
Alternator Replaced 10k miles ago
Total $100
A/C Compressor/Lines/Condenser Replaced 15k miles ago
Total $525
Radiator Replaced 20k miles ago.
Total $300
Battery Replaced last summer
Total $100
Tires were replaced 10k miles ago. One has been patched from a nail hole. Holds air perfectly.
Total $720
Brakes were done 15-20k miles ago.
Total $370
Fresh Coolant/Oil/Power Steering/Transmission Flush
Total $70

Total $2185

Exterior
Black Paint in VERY good condition
Minimal scratches and dents
Minimal rust at the bottom of the drivers door, nowhere else
Fog Lights
Spare Tire Located on the Rear Liftgate
Towing Package
Full Buff/Polish/Wax from Miracle Car Wash $50

Interior
Heated Grey/Tan Leather Seats (Driver and Passenger)
Power Front Seats (Driver and Passenger)
Cruise Control
CD Player
Floor Mats
Power Sliding Sunroof
Rear Retracting Cargo Cover
Power Window/Locks/Mirrors

Overall this car is in very good condition!!! The total for the engine which was built by yours truly is $1830. This doesn't include any of my time, just pure cost of parts and machining. The total for drivetrain parts is $2185. Most of this work was done by a local shop when the previous owner owned it. I have receipts for all of this work along with the engine work. Total there has been $4015 stuck into this car just in parts and labor. If you included the labor its cost to assemble and install the engine it would be way higher.

KBB Prices are as followed

• Excellent
    $5,076
  • Very Good
    $4,776
  • Good
    $4,651
  • Fair
    $4,151

If you take into account the condition being anywhere from very good to excellent and average it you get $4926. Now add in the extra value of the NEW engine and the many other serviced parts and you're looking at $8941. We all know you won't get full retail price out of the work that's been done due to the mileage that's been put on some of it but with the NEW engine and other parts I feel like an extra $1000-1500 is granted. Totaling to be around $6000-6500 which is my asking price. I would like to get $6500 but will take somewhere in the range of $6000.

PICTURES TO COME VERY SOON!!!!!!

​$6500!!!!!!!!!!!!

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
BTW this is the only year you can get a 545rfe (1-ton/hemi trans) in a jeep liberty!!!! very very strong, the 3.7l is a good motor and if im not mistaken, this car will have drum rear brakes that NEVER wear out!!!!!!

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
You are correct!!!!! I think this one might have disks on the rear but ill double check. I didn't do the brakes and have never had the rear tires off so I have no idea to be honest. The transmission is a one year deal though, and very strong like duff has said. The 3.7 is a very good engine to begin, but they did have that one small problem with the valve seats at least in cooler climates like Iowa in the winter. This problem was the death of this engine but has since been rebuilt to better than new condition like stated with upgraded valve seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online