2002 Roush S2 options?

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Fellas, I just picked up a 2002 Roush Stage 2. I'm trying to find amplifying data on the Stage 2 Roush options. I can't seem to find a single source, but from what I gather from research, the Stage 2 has the following.

Cosmetic
Body kit
Side exhaust
Roush badging

Suspension
Performance sway bars (what brand, size?)
Performance lower control arms (what brand?)
High-rate lowering springs (brand? drop?)
Bilstein shocks

Performance
Roush CAI

Am I missing items? Do the mentioned items seem accurate? Thanks

OP
OP
vtchopperdude

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Also, what size and offset are the wheels? The front wheels are flush with the fender, but the rear wheels sit in about 1 inch. I would like to get wider wheels/tires but want to make sure I get the right offset.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
First of all 17 or 18
I know 17 pretty much
18 we may have to have a couple more people chime in
285 45 17 are what I am running rear 17x10.5 rim
There is I believe 2 more sizes wide for rearusing that rim size
17x9 rim front 245 45 17 is what I'm using front

OP
OP
vtchopperdude

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
So I just checked again. The wheels are actually 18x9 on all four corners, offset +28. I would like to go 18x9.5 on the front and 18x11 on the rear. I think that should be doable. The front has lots of space on inside, and over an inch until the fender on the outside.

OP
OP
vtchopperdude

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Pics

Attachments

• IMG_6980.JPG
    IMG_6980.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6981.JPG
    IMG_6981.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 10

Rocco_Roush

Reaction score
Welcome to the Stage 2! I love this car, had it a few months. If you give me your email I can send you the production numbers broken down by year/color/tranny. I am 1 of 70 mineral grey 5 speed coupes in 2002. Roush number 6144 (passenger door sticker).

So, from what I have learned, stage 1 and 2 were dealer add on packages. Only stage 3 (supercharged) have full documentation for our years.

I can find the standard options too but there was a lot of "pick and choose" like upgraded brakes, gauges, pedals and such. But all got the body kit, side exhaust, cold air, wheels (i only got 2 with mine...sad face lol), floor mats and trunk tool kit (don't have that either!).

So give me your email man and we can start there. Check your passenger door for the sticker that says which Roush number it is and if you have a carfax it will tell you where it came from originally.

Attachments

• sunrise.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 5

Rocco_Roush

Reaction score
and here's the official list, i'm lucky to live near a guy that was heavily involved with Roush back then, he has several, including a bad ass Roush focus.

118811048_1398058413723910_7493687062008100161_n.jpg

OP
OP
vtchopperdude

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Welcome to the Stage 2! I love this car, had it a few months. If you give me your email I can send you the production numbers broken down by year/color/tranny. I am 1 of 70 mineral grey 5 speed coupes in 2002. Roush number 6144 (passenger door sticker).

Thanks for the in-depth reply. I really wanted the Stage 2 specifically since it already has a healthy amount of aftermarket and performance suspension components. I plan on using this car as a toy for open track days. The car is virtually bone stock other than a short throw shifter. Right now, I plan to leave the suspension alone. I am going to add an offroad midpipe with H-pipe, and and a performance catback system (the stock setup is just too dang quiet, and being original, I suspect the cats are full of junk.) Also, I am going to put some Corbeau seats and harnesses in since the stock seats have almost no side bolster to hold you in the seat on hard turns. I'm excited for this build, and then to put it to the test on open track day![/QUOTE]

So, from what I have learned, stage 1 and 2 were dealer add on packages. Only stage 3 (supercharged) have full documentation for our years.

I can find the standard options too but there was a lot of "pick and choose" like upgraded brakes, gauges, pedals and such. But all got the body kit, side exhaust, cold air, wheels (i only got 2 with mine...sad face lol), floor mats and trunk tool kit (don't have that either!).

Ah ok, now that makes sense. When I was looking at the car, it didn't have the Roush pedals. I asked the guy why not and he didn't know. The package options seem to very mysterious to most people. But not now; thanks for posting the options picture! What does the Performance interior consist of? Other than the badge by the ignition key, everything looks normal. Also, what are the "performance brakes?" Bigger rotors?

So give me your email man and we can start there. Check your passenger door for the sticker that says which Roush number it is and if you have a carfax it will tell you where it came from originally.

Attachments

• IMG_6966.JPG
    IMG_6966.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 3

Rocco_Roush

Reaction score
Nice!! The bigger brakes I believe we're the 13" rotors from the cobra. 99% sure.

Performance interior included seats. I have them and they are pretty nice! I'll get some good pics tomorrow.

I added a catted x pipe and short shifter. I'm going to change the manifold and maybe throttle body. Small stuff.

Would love to turbo or supercharge so we'll see! She is my daily.

OP
OP
vtchopperdude

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
what about 18s

Seems like the right offset for the 99-04 SN95 is +20 front and rear if you're running a 18x9.5 front and 18x11 rear. Do you have any expounding knowledge on this setup and whether it will work, or whether I'd have clearance issues. I used to have a staggered setup on my '01 Bullitt without issue. It was 18x10.5 out back with a 315 tire, and no rub. It really just comes down to getting the right offset.

Also, I like your pic in your sig! I plan to do exhaust, seats, and wider wheels on my Roush, then take it to the track!

OP
OP
vtchopperdude

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Nice!! The bigger brakes I believe we're the 13" rotors from the cobra. 99% sure.

Performance interior included seats. I have them and they are pretty nice! I'll get some good pics tomorrow.

I added a catted x pipe and short shifter. I'm going to change the manifold and maybe throttle body. Small stuff.

Would love to turbo or supercharge so we'll see! She is my daily.

Nice! I don't think I have the performance interior then. The front seats are definitely normal GT seats. Not the fancy cushy ones. I'll check the rotor size in the morning. Only bigger rotors? Or also bigger (4 piston?) calipers?

Reaction score
Seems like the right offset for the 99-04 SN95 is +20 front and rear if you're running a 18x9.5 front and 18x11 rear. Do you have any expounding knowledge on this setup and whether it will work, or whether I'd have clearance issues. I used to have a staggered setup on my '01 Bullitt without issue. It was 18x10.5 out back with a 315 tire, and no rub. It really just comes down to getting the right offset.

Also, I like your pic in your sig! I plan to do exhaust, seats, and wider wheels on my Roush, then take it to the track!

you should see what it looks like now lol, but thank you!

first off i need to know; are you running coilovers? any suspension updates?

18x9.5 with 20 offset in front you will most likely be hitting the strut. i had FRPP FR500s which are 18x9 24 and i had about a mm or 2 of clearance from the coilovers and when it was on conventional spring it would rub the sway bar at full lock (this is also with 275s square, but the actual rim is what touched). also say goodbye to your fender liners if youre low due to rubbing. if youre on conventional springs with the 18x9.5 20 you may be able to get away with it, but i would anticipate there would be very tight clearances. as for the rear you most likely wont have any issues. if you do then flip the quad shocks, or just get rid of them entirely with a good set of RLCAs

Reaction score
also as for the brakes, there was a special option that not many had or many know about. it was the 14in alcon brakes which are fucking BADASS. the s351 X and i believe stage 3 roush had those as an option

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online