2003 Mustang GT Master Brake Cylinder nut sizes?

CloudGuy

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my entire brake system. R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads with power stop calipers. After bleeding all 4 brakes working from the furthest from the cylinder to the closest I did one final push on the pedal because it felt sloppy and BOOM! literally blew the bolt in half that mounts the cylinder to the booster. After further inspection it appears only the top bolt had a nut and no nut existed on the bottom stud/bolt, So i am just happy ive survived all these years with this finally giving out in my driveway. My mustang was about 150 miles from me at one point so i had to pay to have this work done without being able to see/talk to anyone in person or even see the car till it was done being worked on and towed to me. Obviously these sketchy mechanics did some super unsafe shit here.
I have gone ahead and purchased a brand new Centric Master Brake Cylinder (part of the top bolt was stuck in old cylinder nor did i trust anything those previous mechanics had done. I have received my new brake cylinder with a top and bottom bolt but no nuts. I never had a bottom one and the previous top nut is stuck on the bolt thats broke in half. I was hoping someone knows the size and thread style of the 2 nuts used to attach the cylinder to the booster so I could see about getting some at a local auto parts store.
Thanks in advance. Looking forward to finally being done with this brake job. Has become quite the process but atleast I saved atleast $1400 doing all this myself according to quotes I was getting a long the way.

OP
OP
C

CloudGuy

Reaction score
Auto parts store was actually helpful for once, for those in the future trying to find this info out googling, the nuts that go onto the bolts from brake cylinder to brake booster are m10-1.5 flanged hex nuts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online