2004 Bolt ons and Cams... Dyno Results... Now What?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Tap the persons post to highlight blue and look for the thumbs up at top right corner.

OP
OP
D

Dub Jones

Reaction score
Heads and headers would be next on my list. The car has gone 13.57 at 102. Pre tune, cat deletes etc it went 13.8 at 98. and pre 4.10's it went 14.1's.... its a Vert so that slows it a bit too.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Heads and headers would be next on my list. The car has gone 13.57 at 102. Pre tune, cat deletes etc it went 13.8 at 98. and pre 4.10's it went 14.1's.... its a Vert so that slows it a bit too.

Heads before headers Mr Dub. Yeah heads are more expensive but headers aren't exactly cheap and I'm pretty sure they won't add enough to "scratch your hp itch".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris91

Reaction score

chris91

Reaction score

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Brother in law has slip fits in his fox with out problems. He uses hightemp rtv before fitting in. Works great.

I would think the slip fit work great for tranny swaps

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
LT's WILL make a BIG difference in his setup. He is going to need them when he goes with heads anyways so why not start with the cheaper of the two to begin with...

You keep saying LT's aren't cheap yet they are... You can pick up a set of used headers and midpipe for like $3-400....

Look, right here on our very forum we have a COMPLETE exhaust setup for $500....

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?70206-96-04-Mac-Longtubes-X-pipe-amp-Mufflers-Dumped
How big of a difference are you calling "big" 30 horse gain? You think it'd make that much? Why can't yall use stock headers w new heads?

chris91

Reaction score
Yeah I'd bet he would see every bit of 20-30 hp from them. I'm currently running stock manifolds with Fox Lake Stage 2 Heads and Hitech Stage 2 Cams and a local builder/tuner that knows these engines well(built a 400+hp NA 2v) said I would easily gain 30-35hp with them.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Yeah I'd bet he would see every bit of 20-30 hp from them. I'm currently running stock manifolds with Fox Lake Stage 2 Heads and Hitech Stage 2 Cams and a local builder/tuner that knows these engines well(built a 400+hp NA 2v) said I would easily gain 30-35hp with them.

That's an apples to oranges statement though. You will gain more out of them than a car with stock heads. You're motor can pump in and out a lot more air than his.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
^ first misconception of the internal combustion engine.
A thought such as that is detrimental to your thought process. Your way of thinking is set in one path. Im not bashing you here, dont get me wrong, im only helping you understand the internal combustion engine.

chris91

Reaction score
That's an apples to oranges statement though. You will gain more out of them than a car with stock heads. You're motor can pump in and out a lot more air than his.

I'm not saying that because of what was said about mine. I'm saying that because it's been done countless times. Do a little research...

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
I'm not saying that because of what was said about mine. I'm saying that because it's been done countless times. Do a little research...
Can you show me an example of a stockish 2v with long tubes that made 270-280'rwhp? I think that was/is around his target goal.'
That's all I have to say about that.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Your infatuation to argue is tireless. Most here will not latch on to that. You will eventually fade away.

My suggestion. ...become one of us and love our cars. You have spark, but it shows your age. Im not degrading here, please do not misunstand me. Its just having that "forum battle" type chat has wore out long ago when most of us here were kids....on different forums. We see this forum differently

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
^ first misconception of the internal combustion engine.
A thought such as that is detrimental to your thought process. Your way of thinking is set in one path. Im not bashing you here, dont get me wrong, im only helping you understand the internal combustion engine.
Ever notice manufactures claims of "up to" x amount of hp w x part? They didn't get x gains w a stock engine. All of the parts have to flow together to make max power, one continuos flow of air in and out. Right or wrong? Where's the biggest air restriction for this guy? Where's the biggest bottleneck? THE HEADS! Guys w aftermarket heads and stock headers make a lot more power than guys with stock heads and the freeiest flowing exhaust on the planet. Do a search, look at some graphs or just read a previous post in this thread about the guy who made 400 hp w a better set of heads and his tuner said he could gain another 30 or whatever w long tubes. Heads and compression make power. Everything else just "supports" it.

That's all I have to say about that.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You still want to argue!....lol

I may call.....game on! But first please explain your screen name.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all ever have one of those arguments with your wife/girlfriend where mid-fight for no reason y'all just end up gettin it on?!?!!

Y'all keep arguin like this and your man love is gonna spill over!!!!!! Lmao

Please feel free to carry on tho as it's quite entertaining!!!!! $-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online