2004 Bolt ons and Cams... Dyno Results... Now What?

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Y'all ever have one of those arguments with your wife/girlfriend where mid-fight for no reason y'all just end up gettin it on?!?!!

Y'all keep arguin like this and your man love is gonna spill over!!!!!! Lmao

Please feel free to carry on tho as it's quite entertaining!!!!! $-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Ha fair enough, I'll let it go. But c'mon fellas, those of yall who started with a 200-230 rwhp hp car and ended up w 300 know that your "bolt-ons" didn't get ya there. He's already spent a relatively a good chunk o' change to gain 20 or so horse. I guess why not bolt-on another $400 so he can knock off another possible hundredth.

That's all I have to say about that.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
You still want to argue!....lol

I may call.....game on! But first please explain your screen name.
Because after all my $ was blown on bolt-ons I was left with nothing but crumbs. J/k, I dont really have that many bolt-ons. Did you gain gain 100 hp w a cai, cam swap, and headers?

That's all I have to say about that.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all ever have one of those arguments with your wife/girlfriend where mid-fight for no reason y'all just end up gettin it on?!?!!

Y'all keep arguin like this and your man love is gonna spill over!!!!!! Lmao

Please feel free to carry on tho as it's quite entertaining!!!!! $-)

Just don't post any pics of the man love make up

OP
OP
D

Dub Jones

Reaction score
Ill be doing long tubes or bassani mid lengths. Im expecting 15-20hp peak with solid gains under the curve. I had the car run a 13.57 a few weeks ago with High DA and traction issues. I think with headers, better track prep and slicks I can hit a 12.9 with it. My 60's were 2.0+ on every run, if I can cut a 1.7 or better that will be key and a few more mph on the top end from headers and an updated tune.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Ill be doing long tubes or bassani mid lengths. Im expecting 15-20hp peak with solid gains under the curve. I had the car run a 13.57 a few weeks ago with High DA and traction issues. I think with headers, better track prep and slicks I can hit a 12.9 with it. My 60's were 2.0+ on every run, if I can cut a 1.7 or better that will be key and a few more mph on the top end from headers and an updated tune.
Those are some pretty good times w moderate power. You must have a pretty good suspension setup. Care to indulge?

Don't Sext and Drive.

chris91

Reaction score
Did you seriously just say he must have a pretty good suspension when he's cutting 2.0+ second 60 foot times? Rofl....

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
There is a guy here that has a pretty stock engine (cold air intake & under drive pullies), and has his suspension done up. I don't know the specs, but with his sticky tires he is running 12.8's pretty consistently.

OP
OP
D

Dub Jones

Reaction score
Did you seriously just say he must have a pretty good suspension when he's cutting 2.0+ second 60 foot times? Rofl....

The suspension is full eibach coil overs and a few other bits, the car typically hooks and handles very nicely. The low temps and the nitto's did not agree that night and I would have to make some adjustments to the settings of the coil overs before I go out again.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score

Street tires rofl.

Street tires rofl. He hooked well enough to beat cars making more power than he that weigh about the same. What would you chalk that up to be? Beginners luck? A stock suspension 250 rwhp sn95 on street tires is gonna run a high 13, maybe a 14 if he sucks.

Don't Sext and Drive.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think most people do not say the times are good till they are under 2 secs 60 ft. I would LOVE to see the stock stang that runs 13s.....

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What is considered bolt on? In my engine I have "bolted on" my piston/rod combo, my heads, comp cams, so on and so on. Its all bolt on. Heck even a supercharger bolts on.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Well heck....Ace hardware carries all kinds of bolts on the shelves. I could gain all the hp I want.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Didn't he say he still ran a 13 some odd w a crap 60 ft time? A 13 some odd isn't bad for his mods.

Don't Sext and Drive.

Yes and now if you read his sig you will see that it is not near stock. Again if you find a stock GT that runs 13s your racing on a steep downhill track and you have the car full of fat chics and there is a 80 mph tail wind......

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and now if you read his sig you will see that it is not near stock. Again if you find a stock GT that runs 13s your racing on a steep downhill track and you have the car full of fat chics and there is a 80 mph tail wind......

True story!!! Scott was there and seen it happen!!!! :)

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score

No it's not stock. What you'd you guess he's making 30 hp over stock and reduced his e/t by like .6 or so?

Don't Sext and Drive.