2004 WRX Build Thread

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Well, today I finally did it. I purchased what I've been wanting for months now, a WRX. It literally ended up falling into my lap, so I'm ecstatic. It goes to show that if you wait long enough you'll get what you wanted.

It's a 2004 WRX with 114,000 miles on the clock, and it runs and drives like a 100% new car.The only mods so far are an STI catback, boost gauge, and a SPT CAI. It's reallyyyyy disgusting inside, out, and underneath, but I will take care of most of that this weekend and get it looking the way it's supposed to. Here's a pic of it as of yesterday

And here's as of right now after having a little bit of fun with my first all wheel drive car!

And here's the goodies that came with the car!

STI turbo and TMIC

A shift knob that was given to me today, it was made by a local speed shop so it's kinda a special piece to me.

I couldn't resist throwing it on since the knob that was on it was shot

Brand new Mishimoto radiator and STI diffuser

STI injectors

And BC coilovers. :eek: I've got a fun weekend of modding ahead of me!

More updates to come, I'm so happy with this car I can barely contain myself. :grin:

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Needs STI wing asap.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for it. Impress me.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
As I was once told!!!!! If it looks like it was sandblasted underneath stay away!!!!! Seriously stay away!!!!

So what does it look like?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I drove a stock WRX once and wanted to shoot myself coming from the super-fast spool up of my SRT4 to the horrific lag of the stock WRX. My buddy who has the G35 I've posted up before had a WRX before the G. It had similar mods to what you've got with it, along with a Cobbsport and some other stuff. It was a looootttt better on spool up and a really fun car.

417367_447720901926264_713950771_n.jpg

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
WRB is the only color that should belong on subaru's. Cant wait to see what you do with it! My roommate has an 04 wrx as well with a vf34 and it pulls super hard, you are going to love it

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Sh!t im jealous man ! definitely wanna see this finished product... love me some WRX & STIs.. good luck with all the modding

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Ahhh you suck! I've been wanting a wrx for a while now but mainly a bug eye. Great pick up! You're gonna forget about the mustang lol.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I've been working on it non-stop since I got off work yesterday. I've made a decent amount of progress so far and I plan to work on it all day today.

Some before pics, the car is absolutely disgusting.

And after 3 washes.

Pulled it inside and took the rear seat out and took the old stock suspension out and put in the BC coils.

Look at all of that adjustment I have left...

Disgusting brakes. I hope I'll have time to clean this up today.

And how I left it last night. Rears installed and one front installed. The front didn't go as smooth, but I'm getting there. I'll explain later.

If only they fit...Stupid Subaru changing their lug pattern!

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Progress is looking good! What are you planning for wheels? You should be able to sell the bbs wheels for a good amount

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Looks awesome.. That paint looks brand new, and the stance looks pretty good too.. why the hell would subaru change the bolt pattern on the same model car? That would be like Ford changing the bolt pattern from 99+ and 94-98 would be alone.. lol

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Looks awesome.. That paint looks brand new, and the stance looks pretty good too.. why the hell would subaru change the bolt pattern on the same model car? That would be like Ford changing the bolt pattern from 99+ and 94-98 would be alone.. lol

The bolt pattern for the wrx's has always been and is still 5x100 but in 05 the sti switched to 5x114.3. The sti used a different trans/diffs/axles but it still doesnt make sense why they had different bolt patterns.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The bolt pattern for the wrx's has always been and is still 5x100 but in 05 the sti switched to 5x114.3. The sti used a different trans/diffs/axles but it still doesnt make sense why they had different bolt patterns.

Ahh.. Yeah idk why they'd do that, doesn't add up lol.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm not sure on wheels yet, my mind is running crazy with ideas but I don't know what I'm going to do yet.

I didn't make too much progress today. I finished ghettoing the strut mounts on the coilovers so they would work. Apparently the 05+ STI's have a longer space between the bolt holes for the strut. So I had to drill out the holes a bunch to make them fit. They work fine though.

Here's a few pics.

Then I pulled the gay wing off. I originally pulled it off to clean, but I think I can get past the holes in the trunk because the rest of the car looks so much better without the wing. I'm picking up an STI wing tomorrow though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter