2004 WRX Build Thread

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Once I decide on a nice set of "real" wheels with a nice lip and offset on them I'd really like to do a diffuser and a carbon fiber trunk with the small lip on it. Right now with the little wheels I'm probably going to keep the STI wing, paint the side skirts, and get STI splitters and foglight covers.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I gots a few new parts for the Subie for Christmas.

First I got some STI splitters, which came finished in a perfect WRB paint job.

Of course since my car is just a WRX, there was some modding to do to make them fit. Some people cut the top tabs off and use double sided tape to hold them on, but I don't have good luck with tape so I decided to go on and make some holes in the bumper. A drill bit made the slits nearly perfect. In this pic I hadn't finished cleaning up the middle slit.

I also had to cut some tabs off the back. I heated up a knife and slit right through the plastic.

And installed.

Next was an LED dome light.

Then I put in some LED license plate bulbs. The lenses were pretty nasty so I cleaned them up.

Pretty bright. Probably too bright.

And a few pics just cause. Basically it's "done" for a while. It's only lacking painted side skirts, a new headliner, and painted headlight housings from being finished until I wear out the tires. Then new wheels and a whole new setup will probably happen. It tripped 120k a while back and I'm loving every minute of it.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I'm bored and off work and school today, so I figured I would upload a few basic ***** snow pics. Nothing has changed with the car, I've just been driving it. I'm still loving every minute of it!

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I finally got tired of the rubbing constantly so I raised it up.

Said no man ever.

I took the bumper off because the constant rubbing was getting annoying on the daily interstate drive. This is how it looked when I took it off.

A little death wheel made it all better.

Random pic because I actually washed the car for the first time since back in the fall when I did the camber plates.

No pics of the current stance. It's a tad lower in the rear. I'm still dreaming of the day when I don't have to drag bumper at school so I can lower the front, but that's still 3 years away :(

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Any plans for this thing in the near future or are you just gonna drive it for now? Btw I need to get that jack from harbor freight while it's still on sale lol

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Any plans for this thing in the near future or are you just gonna drive it for now? Btw I need to get that jack from harbor freight while it's still on sale lol
Well for right now it's the only thing that I have that I can drive on the road so it's staying exactly as it sits for a while, lol. I do need to change the timing belt though. And yes the harbor freight is a lifesaver, it fits under anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online