2004 WRX Build Thread

Addermk2

Reaction score
I definitely don't plan on doing a single thing to the car until I have an Accessport. These cars are Way too delicate to throw parts at without a tune. I'll leave the intake, I'd much rather have it running too rich than too lean.

You COULD spend $400-$600 on an Accessport...

OR

You could spend $169 on an openport 2.0, $189 on a wideband, and $75 on one of my E-tunes...

Cobb's OTS maps are garbage.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I would love to sell the wing, but I'm sure shipping would be outrageous. I'm in NC, so it would have to be shipped across the country. :(

Do you go to MustangWeek?
I bring HUGE crates out there to the show and could easily toss it in there - eh?

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I pulled the interior out of it today.

It doesn't look dirty, but believe me, there was enough dog hair in the carpet to make 10 dogs.

One seat cleaned and de-haired

Much cleaner. Still not where I want it, but at least I can drive the car without being disgusted with the smell.

Back seat is still a work in progress. I can't get the hairs out of the fabric. I spent 2 hours on them but there's still hair embedded in the fabric. I'll do some research and see what I can do.

Then I decided to clay the hood to see what I was working with. Just as I thought, it has never been clayed before.

After 2 passes with M105 and M205. You really can't see the difference in the picture, but in person there is a HUGE difference in the depth and clearness in the paint. You can see how dull the fenders/bumper is compared to the hood.

Then I compounded and polished a headlight. They're going to come out flawless with some more time.

Once again, you can't tell too much in the picture, but in person it's a huge difference.

The front carpet/seats done. I still haven't done the jambs, windows, or wiped down any of the panels. And don't be hating on my Honda floor mats lol

chaos254

Reaction score
Get a pumice stone, works great for dog hair

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
nice work. i have a dog who sheds a lot.. so i have dog hair inside my car.. get some duct tape, put it where the hair is press it on and pull.. should come right off

chris91

Reaction score
Either ^^ that or just use a lint roller. Thats normally how I get the hair out when detailing.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
nice work. i have a dog who sheds a lot.. so i have dog hair inside my car.. get some duct tape, put it where the hair is press it on and pull.. should come right off

Oh believe me I tried that and a lint remover, but the hair is actually underneath the layer of material in the middle of the seats. It's hard to explain, but if you saw it you'd understand. Oh well, I'm getting it slowly.

I took the axle back off a few days ago. It sounds freakin awesome for stock exhaust with no muffler.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Oh believe me I tried that and a lint remover, but the hair is actually underneath the layer of material in the middle of the seats. It's hard to explain, but if you saw it you'd understand. Oh well, I'm getting it slowly.

I took the axle back off a few days ago. It sounds freakin awesome for stock exhaust with no muffler.

Oo shit. Lemme guess the part your having a problem is perforated? I wanna hear that exhaust!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i <3 how you <3 to slam cars on their nuts!!!!!

sweet car i cant wait to see what wheels you go with. with it sitting that low are you planning to do a lightweight stretch or keeping a smaller wheel with more tire?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
not a huge fan of the scoobies. mainly because they're ALL over colorado. lol.

But I dig how you're trying to keep your clean and well rounded. Kids here just beat the shit out of theirs... :-/

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
i <3 how you <3 to slam cars on their nuts!!!!!

sweet car i cant wait to see what wheels you go with. with it sitting that low are you planning to do a lightweight stretch or keeping a smaller wheel with more tire?

I'm really not sure at this point what I want to do with it. I kinda want to go for more of a meaty fitment instead of unfunctional since it is AWD and I'd like to be able to use the car.

I'm leaning towards this setup.

wrx2.jpg

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
not a huge fan of the scoobies. mainly because they're ALL over colorado. lol.

But I dig how you're trying to keep your clean and well rounded. Kids here just beat the shit out of theirs... :-/

I can count the number of 2002-2013 Subies in my county on my hands, so they're VERY rare around here, which is one reason why when I found this car I jumped on it.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
so your daily driver subie will be faster then your mustang weekend toy lol nice but after you get done with the beater time to mod your stang some more... we cant be having the subie faster lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online