2004 WRX Build Thread

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
so your daily driver subie will be faster then your mustang weekend toy lol nice but after you get done with the beater time to mod your stang some more... we cant be having the subie faster lol

The mustang will probably still have 50RWHP more, but it won't be near as fun to drive IMO

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I started on the paint today.

The trunk before

and during, after getting rid of most of the oxidation around the trunk holes

Red paint splattered down the side of the car. It must have been on there for years.

After about 2 hours and some gasoline on a rag, it was all gone.

Polished the other headlight and did my first pass of compound on the front bumper.

One fender done.

More to come tomorrow.

jedpony

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean with how hard it is to get the hair out of the carpet/seats on your subie. Ive cleaned many carpets, subaru/mitsubishi/mazda have by far the cheapest/worst carpet. It takes hours to get a section hair free. The problem is they use cheap thin material thats woven together and the hair gets stuck in between the fiber threads. Such a pain.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean with how hard it is to get the hair out of the carpet/seats on your subie. Ive cleaned many carpets, subaru/mitsubishi/mazda have by far the cheapest/worst carpet. It takes hours to get a section hair free. The problem is they use cheap thin material thats woven together and the hair gets stuck in between the fiber threads. Such a pain.

Using a just a vacuum has proven to be ineffective. However, I managed to get all the dirt and hair out of my cars seats and carpets when using compressed air in conjunction with the vacuum... I was able to get my carpet spotless.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Using a just a vacuum has proven to be ineffective. However, I managed to get all the dirt and hair out of my cars seats and carpets when using compressed air in conjunction with the vacuum... I was able to get my carpet spotless.

I believe this will be my next course of action. The carpet isn't too bad, but the seats really bother me.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I got the paint basically finished today.

A before of the door. This was after only claying it.

And after

A few pics outside after completing it. MUCH better.

Next up- Pulling the wheels, painting calipers, cleaning inner fenders, cleaning wheels, and cleaning the interior again.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I figured out the wheels I'm going to run I believe.

1242059_orig.jpg

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
You should do the vinyl in carbon fiber on your trunk or hood.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I'm still up in the air about the wing. I'll paint it and see if I like it or not.

Here's how it sits right now. It's so much fun in the snow

TanTop94

Reaction score
Paint the wing, get those wheels. And boom you sell it for 3 times as much lol

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Finally got a few updates.

Snow was crazy for us here in NC. We got nearly 12 inches of snow, which is more than I've seen in my life.

I had some fun with the car, then it was parked at the top of my driveway for a few days. The snow was too deep to get it out. This was right after I parked it and before all hell broke loose.

Since I couldn't mess with the car itself, I started work on the STI wing. The retards that had it before me used silicone to attach it to the trunk, and that stuff was a complete ***** to get off. Here's a pic after getting it all off and sanding on it.

And primed. I'm still waiting for me WRB paint to come in so I can paint it and stick it on.

Then I painted the horns. They were starting to rust.

A shot of the bay after a quick degreasing. I've got a TON left to do under here, but it will be a while before I get to it, I want the exterior looking good first.

Then I spent about 4 more hours with an air compressor and a vacuum getting more hair out of the interior. It's still not perfect, but pretty close. I still need to shampoo the seats a few more times, but the carpet and interior panels are done at least.

Time for a wash! Screw salt.

Then today I got bored, so I decided to roll the rear fenders. I didn't want to pay for a fender roller, so I just used a baseball bat.

Before (the flash sure makes the paint look like crap for some reason)

And after. I'm pleased with how they turned out. Just as good as the real fender roller IMO. It wouldn't work well on a Mustang though since the fenders are so thick.

I couldn't stand the nasty inner fenders anymore. Here's some before shots

And after. It's amazing what a can of spray paint will do.

And I cleaned the wheels a little bit. They won't be staying for much longer though.

There's so much room for activities!