2005 Crown Vic Police 4.6 to 96 GT Swap?

rustang68

Reaction score
A coworker wrecked his crown vic and offered me his 4.6 for $250.00. How swappable is it into my 96 gt? Easier than my other option which is a 4v out of a 95 Lincoln? (I posted questions about that a couple months ago on the 4v forum).

Decisions decisions lol!

07GtS197

Reaction score
Its a 4.6 pi motor just like any 01+ gt with a romeo motor. However there are a few differences. It is drive by wire and has a different plenum so youll have to swap one from a mustang, you will have to tap the coolant crossover for another coolant temp sensor since your 96 uses two and it uses a different alternator bracket and fuel rails. Its not plug and play but would be a lot easier than a 4v swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Way easy!

take every thing off the crown vic motor down to the intake, take off the headers, the front timing cover, and oil cooler.

Use your fuels rails, TB/plenum, cables, harness, blah blah, your headers, timing cover, and oil cooler.

You will need to tap the intake spot for the coolant, you could get a PI intake with it already tapped, or your could run the wires to the other coolant sensor port.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online