OP
C

Chris94Mustang

Reaction score
iframe>

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
This is a good idea cause craigslist is plagued with 05-up factory wheels for cheap. Im gonna assume a spacer is needed. Someone here is bound to know this.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my cobra rims are 03 I'm using a set of 1.5 inch hub centric spacers and it's a great stance compared to the sunk in rear tires look.

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
This is a good idea cause craigslist is plagued with 05-up factory wheels for cheap. Im gonna assume a spacer is needed. Someone here is bound to know this.

pretty much all i see on my local craigslist. maybe a random ford cd case and some sn95 owners manual :rolleyes:

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Nothing is needed, bolt em up.

It looks terrible due to the backspacing. So a spacer will definitely help the terribleness.

chris91

Reaction score
Throw em on the car and then take a piece of string with something on the end to weigh it down and tape it to the quarter panel. Measure the distance between string and tire and there's the size of spacer you need.

RustangJeeTee

Reaction score
Thanks i like them to be flush with the body. Nothing past that

I have non-hubcentric spacers on mine. It's flush in the front, but still tucks in just a bit in the back. I can't remember how thick they were, but I think they're 3/4". 1 1/2" would be too much on the front, but probably just right on the back.

Bauman_Octane

Reaction score
any rim after 2004 is going to have a very different offset. i think a stock sn95 rim is somewhere around +24-+30 offset where as 2004 and up are +40-+44. keep in mind spacers can need re-tourqes more often and are a little bit harder on the bearings. (not much). it's kinda funny to see a newer mustang like a 2008 with stock ssn95 pony rims. they stick out a bunch and look butch. i found out it can be pretty hard to find a nice set for sn95's. and when you do there 15".

lutter94

Reaction score
where as 2005 and up are +40-+44. .

I corrected that for you.

Also, every wheel American Muscle sells is close to 30-33mm of offset. Even the ones for the 05+. I tried buying a set for my Fusion, same bolt pattern +42mm 18x8. They didn't have one rim they could sell me. They would all stick out. Given that, I would lean towards more SN95 wheel options are out there than you could possibly imagine.

Bauman_Octane

Reaction score
I corrected that for you.

Also, every wheel American Muscle sells is close to 30-33mm of offset. Even the ones for the 05+. I tried buying a set for my Fusion, same bolt pattern +42mm 18x8. They didn't have one rim they could sell me. They would all stick out. Given that, I would lean towards more SN95 wheel options are out there than you could possibly imagine.

ya sorry i meant 2005 in my head. and i am sorry but i totally disagree with you. american muscle isn't the only wheel manufacturer. and they are designed for mustangs in particular so obviously there wheels will be good for sn95's if you want to pick from 4 different wheel styles.. when i look for rims all i can find is the typical Konig, Enkei,BBS,varrsoen,TSW, etc and every other tuner/domestic rim out there in a +40-+44 offset wich is ideal for a 2005+. all fwd cars and newer rwd cars use this offset. having trouble seeing how theres more rim options for sn95?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online