2013 Mustang fog light retrofit project for a 2004 Cobra

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is the cut off supposed to be so small? I mean it looks like you have a very bright light but it looks to be like such a small line that I am not sure how use full it is?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Well fog lights are really only designed to fill in under what the headlights don't do.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
agreed, but when you shine them down I am not sure its going to light up more then 1ft or space of the road in front of you at the very most....

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't trust someone that charges a 500 dollar up charge for there service. For something that takes 1 hour of time.

You do know the projectors he uses only cost 120 bucks but yet he charges 675 bucks for a set of headlights. To me that's horrible way to do business.

If you look at the fog light it's pretty simple to do. Just takes a little bit of common sense.

Um... wut? It takes more than an hour to bake open headlights lol

Headlights cost $130 [ LINK ]
The complete projector retro(bulbs, projector, ballast, etc) costs $280 [ LINK ]
Totaling to $410 in parts, which means he is charging $265 for labor. I would guess a set of lights takes around 8-10 hours worth of work. Seems fair to me.

OnyxCobra said:
I just don't understand why the cobra bumper would require a flat fog light is all i'm saying.

See how the back of the bezel is flat? That is what I'm referring to when I talk about the contour of the light vs the car.

53601_alt1

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Um... wut? It takes more than an hour to bake open headlights lol

Headlights cost $130 [ LINK ]
The complete projector retro(bulbs, projector, ballast, etc) costs $280 [ LINK ]
Totaling to $410 in parts, which means he is charging $265 for labor. I would guess a set of lights takes around 8-10 hours worth of work. Seems fair to me.

See how the back of the bezel is flat? That is what I'm referring to when I talk about the contour of the light vs the car.

53601_alt1

I guess I'm just that good then. I did it for a TOTAL OF $270 bucks. Oh and that included the proper motocontrol harness that he didn't mention people will need for a 94-98. Also a set of Cobra Replica headlights! Hmmmmm oh and it only takes a total of just a hair over an hour to do 94-98 headlights.

yeah sorry to say your getting jacked dude.

I guess you really don't know about 94-98 Cobras then bc the 94-98 is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT which is what Ryan and I am talking about.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I don't trust someone that charges a 500 dollar up charge for there service. For something that takes 1 hour of time.

You do know the projectors he uses only cost 120 bucks but yet he charges 675 bucks for a set of headlights. To me that's horrible way to do business.
I agree with this... I emailed him for a quote for a retrofit on my headlights. Using my HIDs, and my housings, he wanted $550... I didn't even bother replying. Not worth my time. Certainly not worth my money.

And if mounted correctly I don't see how the BMW fogs wouldn't work..

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I agree with this... I emailed him for a quote for a retrofit on my headlights. Using my HIDs, and my housings, he wanted $550... I didn't even bother replying. Not worth my time. Certainly not worth my money.

And if mounted correctly I don't see how the BMW fogs wouldn't work..

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Oh oh and let's not forget shipping. Of course the consumer will pay for shipping to them. But for the price there asking and they want you to pay the return shipping also. Being a business and having a business account. They could include it and I'm sure it wouldn't cost more then 20 bucks.

Yes the BMW led fogs will work. Just takes a little bit of fabbing a bracket to adapt it to the factory bracket.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Great work Jeremy! I can dig it, they look sweet. I also agree that a flat front fog light is a little more aesthetically pleasing than some convex lens for either bumper but especially the '03-'04 bumper.

I don't see the point in arguing Yuke's prices. He can do something that not many people have the capability of doing with a quick turn around. He isn't doing anything different than any other business and does incredible work.

Sent from Space

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Great work Jeremy! I can dig it, they look sweet. I also agree that a flat front fog light is a little more aesthetically pleasing than some convex lens for either bumper but especially the '03-'04 bumper.

I don't see the point in arguing Yuke's prices. He can do something that not many people have the capability of doing with a quick turn around. He isn't doing anything different than any other business and does incredible work.

Sent from Space

It's really not that hard. I proved it. My quality was exactly as his.

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sent from Space

Plus, he is a stand up guy who warranties his product. My driver side light high beam solenoid shit the bed and he took them back to fix, no questions asked. He also switched them to LHD cuttoff for my move to the UK for only the cost of parts. Great guy to work with.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE: Baked the '13 fogs open to get the optic out(thanks for sealing them in Ford).

Before I baked them, took the cobra fogs off. Size comparison.
photo14.jpg

What's for dinner? Fog lights, Fog lights are for dinner.
photo23-1.jpg

Dat cutoff doe! Optic only output shot, these things are going to be sick!
photo33.jpg

Optic, Led/Board, heatsink and adapter harness ready to go for the Cobra lights.
photo41.jpg

Comparing the back of the '13's light and my Cobra light. I'm going to have to get creative with a dremel....
photo52.jpg

Whats the size of the optic/heatsink etc? I wonder if the stock GT fogs have enough meat in the housing to mount something like this.

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=7995]DropTopPony[/MENTION] here you go bud

The LED board is around 1 7/8" across.
The optic is around 2 5/8" across, not counting the little alignment tabs it has.
Heatsink and LED board are 3 1/2" deep. It's also 2 1/2" wide and 3 1/2" tall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online