2014 Cruisin' OC MD

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Good ol' Schileens. I now live in Sicklerville so I'm not far from West Deptford/Woodbury area at all

You know you're from south jersey when you have too many memories of Schileens....
Funny between shows, tracks and just living within miles of each other we have probably crossed paths and never even known it

Wild Horses

Reaction score
You know you're from south jersey when you have too many memories of Schileens....
Funny between shows, tracks and just living within miles of each other we have probably crossed paths and never even known it

Any of you south jersey people have track days at that new motor sports park towards (Salem I think). Idk it may be old news by now. I pass it every summer on my way to Wildwood and want to turn in there.

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Any of you south jersey people have track days at that new motor sports park towards (Salem I think). Idk it may be old news by now. I pass it every summer on my way to Wildwood and want to turn in there.

NJ motorsports park. I have only been once and didnt race. I tend to stick to atco or cecil,md

Wild Horses

Reaction score
NJ motorsports park. I have only been once and didnt race. I tend to stick to atco or cecil,md

Summit point? That's the only one I know in MD. I'm about 40 mins from it. I've always wanted to get a big group together for a track day. I've done the performance driving day that summit does a couple times but it's expensive.

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Summit point? That's the only one I know in MD. I'm about 40 mins from it. I've always wanted to get a big group together for a track day. I've done the performance driving day that summit does a couple times but it's expensive.

I've never heard it called summit point..Are we talking the same kinda track lol. I'm talking about Cecil County Raceway. -1/4mile track

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I've never heard it called summit point..Are we talking the same kinda track lol. I'm talking about Cecil County Raceway. -1/4mile track

Lol. Nah. I'm talking road course. And the best drag strip around MD is down here at Maryland international Raceway. MIRdrag.com.

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I've been to MIR. Its a bit of a hike for me.

Oh yea. Cape may NJ is 4hrs from me and I'm ten mins from MIR so if you're south jersey than I can imagine. But it's a hell of a strip. People come from all over the east coast for their events. I'm going to post something up in the regional section about their ford weekend and swap meet when I get the schedule in the mail.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score

Atco is garbage, they finally pulled down that dilapidated wall that I'm surprised hasn't fallen on someone by now, I hope they turn it around with the new ownership. Englishtown and Maple Grove are both relatively the same amount of time from me and much nicer track conditions, so I stick to those for now. Also, what's the big obsession with Cecil? I've never been there but a bunch of my friends go there often.

I've been wanting to goto NJMP for awhile now, looks pretty awesome, It's right in Millville.

Sent from Space

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I've been wanting to goto NJMP for awhile now, looks pretty awesome, It's right in Millville.

Sent from Space

All I've seen of it is the view from the road. The place is huge. I think I'll make a trip their this summer and crash in wildwood with relatives.

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Atco is garbage, they finally pulled down that dilapidated wall that I'm surprised hasn't fallen on someone by now, I hope they turn it around with the new ownership. Englishtown and Maple Grove are both relatively the same amount of time from me and much nicer track conditions, so I stick to those for now. Also, what's the big obsession with Cecil? I've never been there but a bunch of my friends go there often.

Sent from Space

The new owners are working hard to get Atco in great shape again. The family raced at the track since they were kids so they have a long history and emotional attachment to it. They have torn down the old wall the old tower and repaved atleast the 660. They really want to see it succeed and are good people. They are the type you can give your honest opinion or suggestion and they will consider it. It's going to take a few seasons for them to work the bugs out but I think you will see a huge improvement.

Cecil is easy on rules and is very lax so people tend to like it. Their layout is very open, no fenced off pit space like most tracks. I remember when they didn't even require a helmet to run. Its also at 0 sea level and the wind is almost always to your back so thats a plus. People swear the track runs down hill(and if you are at the line looking down you would think so) but it pitches down after you make it through the 1/4. I would go to cecil when atco started throwing me out for not having a cage. I would never call it my favorite track but its not a bad drive to get to for me, and I could get my passes in.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't been to Atco in a few years not since I got booted for going 12.75 in a vert. They wanted me to have a 6pt bar installed or GTFO...so I never went back. Not installing a cage in a mid 12 second car :)

The surface used to be top notch though. That track could hold some fast cars back in the old days.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Yeaahhh! Just got everything worked out so I should be done in OC for the whole show. My brother and I are gonna be driving down and I guess we will probably get a small group going from people around us. Hopefully we will have a camera and a go pro going with us as well so it will be a good time.

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Yeaahhh! Just got everything worked out so I should be done in OC for the whole show. My brother and I are gonna be driving down and I guess we will probably get a small group going from people around us. Hopefully we will have a camera and a go pro going with us as well so it will be a good time.

That's great! Did you book a place yet?? We will have to set it up so people from the site meet up down there. And we will have to arrange a meeting area at night to enjoy the street antics and have a few drinks. I can't wait OCMD. Its one of my 'carefree weekends'

TanTop94

Reaction score
That's great! Did you book a place yet?? We will have to set it up so people from the site meet up down there. And we will have to arrange a meeting area at night to enjoy the street antics and have a few drinks. I can't wait OCMD. Its one of my 'carefree weekends'

We are all staying at a family friends house, and that sounds like a great time, everybody get your cars ready now!

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
We are all staying at a family friends house, and that sounds like a great time, everybody get your cars ready now!

nice. you can't beat that. we will have to pass numbers/kik names around to make it easier for people to find one another

TanTop94

Reaction score
nice. you can't beat that. we will have to pass numbers/kik names around to make it easier for people to find one another

Kik lol I dont think you are gonna stalk me so whenever the show comes around Ill toss my number out here so everyone can hit me up haha!

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Kik lol I dont think you are gonna stalk me so whenever the show comes around Ill toss my number out here so everyone can hit me up haha!

Oh challenge accepted- I'm so going to stalk you now!! I'm going to send you 94 texts a day lol. Nah, seriously though I have no problem throwing mine out there either. I know some people are weird about that stuff that's why I mentioned kik

TanTop94

Reaction score
Oh challenge accepted- I'm so going to stalk you now!! I'm going to send you 94 texts a day lol. Nah, seriously though I have no problem throwing mine out there either. I know some people are weird about that stuff that's why I mentioned kik

Well in that case KIK it is hhaa! I think my entire family might be coming down so it will involve a number of cars....89 mustang GT, 94 GT, 95 GT, and my brothers nasty 01 SS :evil:

Reaction score
I will be going down this year but taking my Malibu wagon which looks like crap. I told my brother he can take my mustang if he wants. I booked a condo around 100th street. You wouldn't have trouble picking out my Malibu wagon since it's an eye sore haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online