2015 mustang headlights

GT3FC

Reaction score
alright y'all I got this crazy idea to take some 2015 style headlights and put them on my 02 GT. Now I know Ill have to wait a while before I would be able to get my hands on some, but looking at the pictures I think that it has the possibility of looking awesome. What does everyone think of the idea of putting these style headlights on a new edge? And before someone says it, it obviously will not be plug and play haha

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I like the idea but I'm not sure how you'd execute that...
I definelty wouldn't go and try to get a set of 2015 headlights. Get a few LED stripes and projector... Ford will want an arm and a leg for replacement headlights.

Looks like you'd have to do that backwards almost... 2015 had the headlights set back and the new edge has the headlights up front...
72vYrNb.jpg

bOU0aoJ.jpg

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
I like the idea but I'm not sure how you'd execute that...
I definelty wouldn't go and try to get a set of 2015 headlights. Get a few LED stripes and projector... Ford will want an arm and a leg for replacement headlights.

Looks like you'd have to do that backwards almost... 2015 had the headlights set back and the new edge has the headlights up front...
72vYrNb.jpg

bOU0aoJ.jpg

yea I didnt really realize how much of a different shape they are. I might have to play around with some headlight housings and try to replicate the style while keeping the shape of the new edge housing

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
yea I didnt really realize how much of a different shape they are. I might have to play around with some headlight housings and try to replicate the style while keeping the shape of the new edge housing

It actually might look good if you install a projector where the turn signal is, and opt the headlight there, leave the amber reflector on the side, and then setup the LED strips and use those as a turn signal.

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
It actually might look good if you install a projector where the turn signal is, and opt the headlight there, leave the amber reflector on the side, and then setup the LED strips and use those as a turn signal.

yea thats not a bad idea at all but I'm not a big fan of the amber reflector on the side. I like how clean the 2015 style looks. Thats mainly what I'm going for is the clean crisp lines within the housing if that makes sense

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
2015 headlights will probably cost about half as much as your typical SN95 mustang.

NERD

Reaction score
If you want a 2015 headlights, buy a 2015. This would end up like those abortion memes we make fun of on Facebook.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Umm why not take the driver side headlight flip it and make it the pass side headlight and vice versa. ??

Why not just do a set of retrofits?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99