24k Mile 2002 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Mineral Gray

Azhurel Mendes

Reaction score
After years of saving up, I finally got my dream first car! Which has been a New Edge Mustang for years. But what sets it apart from the others I've seen for sale is the ridiculously low miles! The 2nd owner was too large to drive the car so it sat for years &, the 3rd owners were an old couple who drove it sparingly as most elderly people do & now it's mine with only 24k miles! Paid $8,300 for it, & I couldn't be more pleased! Eventually I have plans to modify it, but since I'm broke now & the car is currently all original & numbers matching, it definitely won't be anytime soon & I'll keep all of the original parts that I replace.
oF6Lp49.jpg

0T2cbL8.jpg

hsTSjyU.jpg

XH76CsH.jpg

4Y5lMAD.jpg

Modification Wishlist:
(In order of what I’ll likely get first)

Antenna: 8” Black Antenna ✓

Grille: Mach 1 Grille ✓

Splitter: SVE Mach 1 Splitter ✓

Tint: Dark Smokey Black (Possibly illegally dark, like 15% but don't tell mom) with a Dark Side of the Moon decal on the rear quarter window

Side Scoop: '03-'04 Cobra Inserts

Suspension: BC Racing BR Series Coilovers

Spoiler: ‘99-‘00 Saleen S351 Spoiler

Rims: Cosmis 18" Black Chrome S5R

Tires: Likely 295 width Michelins with white tire lettering

Hood: If possible Saleen Hood Scoop, otherwise I'll keep my GT hood scoop (with 4.6L V8 decal)

Bumpers: ‘99-‘01 Cobra Bumper with the Mach 1 Splitter as well.

Muffler/Exhaust: Grumbly, but not obnoxious/wake up neighbor loud.

Door: '04 Chrome Key Hole (tiny details make a difference)

Side View Mirror: '03-'04 Cobra Mirrors

Color: Bright Atlantic Blue maybe with Ceramic Coating & with the 2 horizontal bumper supports painted black (only so far down because it's so expensive)

Interior: White Leather (Like how it would have been if optioned with the white interior)

Vents: If someday it becomes a show car & not a daily driver, I’d convert the hood vents into something functional & remove the plastic blockage entirely. Same would apply to the rear quarter panel vents, as fake vents in general are tacky.

Last edited:

Benni614

Reaction score
After years of saving up, I finally got my dream first car! Which has always been a New Edge Mustang for years. But what sets it apart from the others I've seen for sale is the ridiculously low miles! The 2nd owner was too large to drive the car so it sat for years &, the 3rd owners were an old couple who drove it sparingly as most elderly people do & now it's mine with only 24k miles! Paid $8,300 for it, & I couldn't be more pleased! Eventually I have plans to modify it, but since I'm broke now & the car is currently all original & numbers matching, it definitely won't be anytime soon & I'll keep all of the original parts that I replace.
oF6Lp49.jpg

0T2cbL8.jpg

4Y5lMAD.jpg
Super clean.
On the newedge cars when its original the car is pretty fine but people go all out to achieve their v8 status.
In my opinion the best thing to address is the maintenance even though a car hasn't driven just check everything suspension, brakes and lines, motor mounts, coolant and u can test it but thats if u want , oil and its content metal shaving etc, spark plugs i always used brisk spark plugs because the electrode doesn't protrude into the chamber but rather recest so no worries of the piston or valve hitting this which is super common on cars.
Once u do all that then move forward
Easiest way to achieve 400 or slightly more for just about 3500 would be the on3 turbo kit and whats needs to run that which is included in that price.
If you add up the bolt on parts for a new edge vs the hp you get from that you will be shocked on to me the waste of money a person could spend. I like helping those see a different view on mods because well i see it all the time with peoples mods and within 6 months of doing headers or intake they have to sell them for a turbo kit or something of that nature [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Azhurel Mendes

Azhurel Mendes

Reaction score
Super clean.
On the newedge cars when its original the car is pretty fine but people go all out to achieve their v8 status.
In my opinion the best thing to address is the maintenance even though a car hasn't driven just check everything suspension, brakes and lines, motor mounts, coolant and u can test it but thats if u want , oil and its content metal shaving etc, spark plugs i always used brisk spark plugs because the electrode doesn't protrude into the chamber but rather recest so no worries of the piston or valve hitting this which is super common on cars.
Once u do all that then move forward
Easiest way to achieve 400 or slightly more for just about 3500 would be the on3 turbo kit and whats needs to run that which is included in that price.
If you add up the bolt on parts for a new edge vs the hp you get from that you will be shocked on to me the waste of money a person could spend. I like helping those see a different view on mods because well i see it all the time with peoples mods and within 6 months of doing headers or intake they have to sell them for a turbo kit or something of that nature [emoji848]

Thanks man! For now it's more than enough power for me, because I live in Utah so 400hp & RWD in winter is a death sentence. But a few cosmetic upgrades like the Mach 1 Splitter, Grille, S5R Rims & 99-01 Cobra Bumper wouldn't hurt! Haha So I plan on things like that for the near future, until I get out of this place someday!

Benni614

Reaction score
Thanks man! For now it's more than enough power for me, because I live in Utah so 400hp & RWD in winter is a death sentence. But a few cosmetic upgrades like the Mach 1 Splitter, Grille, S5R Rims & 99-01 Cobra Bumper wouldn't hurt! Haha So I plan on things like that for the near future, until I get out of this place someday!
There a few people who makes custom parts
Check out
http://carterscustoms04.com

https://harpellautofab.com

OP
OP
Azhurel Mendes

Azhurel Mendes

Reaction score
sF0Wdlu.jpg

Had a photoshoot with my dad's car so I thought I'd post that as well as my complete car upgrade wishlist approximately in order of what I'd do first.

2002 Ford Mustang GT:

Grille: Mach 1 Grille

Splitter: Mach 1 Splitter

Tint: Dark Smokey Black (Possibly illegally dark, but don't tell mom)

Suspension: Lowering Springs

Rims: Cosmis 18" Black Chrome S5R

Tires: Wider & with tire lettering

Hood: If possible Saleen Hood Scoop, otherwise I'll keep my GT hood scoop (with 4.6L V8 decal)

Bumpers: ‘99-‘01 Cobra Bumper with the Mach 1 Splitter as well.

Muffler: Grumbly, but not obnoxious/wake up neighbor loud

Rear View Mirror: '03-'04 Cobra Mirrors

Color: Bright Atlantic Blue maybe with Ceramic Coating (only so far down because it's so expensive)

Interior: White Leather (Like how it would have been if optioned with the white interior)

cleardot.gif

OP
OP
Azhurel Mendes

Azhurel Mendes

Reaction score
Car photo dump. Realized my car has the ride height of the truck next to it in the 2nd picture. Oh well. Also, my neighbor's...not-so-wonderful best friend won't let me park at my neighbor's house anymore because it inconveniences her to walk around it, so I can't wait to get towed! Shoot me...
hsTSjyU.jpg

jEN1UAb.jpg

bSnerKa.jpg

OP
OP
Azhurel Mendes

Azhurel Mendes

Reaction score
Drove to work for the first time, & found a buddy to park next to! A 1987-1989 Bright Regatta Blue Mustang GT Convertible. Definitely prefer my car, but the Fox definitely has me beat in the color department!
XH76CsH.jpg

LKIxI28.jpg

dMuI22q.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Azhurel Mendes

Azhurel Mendes

Reaction score
Had to get my boy a new battery yesterday & it has a 7 year warranty so I should be good for a long while! Downside is that I'm broke again, so no new antennae or splitter for me for awhile! Also probably have to flush the transmission soon too, so that takes priority as well.

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
02gt8.JPG 95&02gt.JPG 02gt2.JPG 02gt7.JPG Beautiful car, bro'. I had one just like it back in '02. It was the very first Mineral Grey GT in the area. I worked at the Ford dealer and ordered one for my demo. Black leather, 5-speed, and widow-rattling Mach 1000 stereo. Boss called me into his office as soon as the invoice hit his desk. He wanted to know why I ordered a Grey 5-speed with a $1200 or so radio in it. I told him it was one of a kind. He said we would never sell it and I would have to buy it (that was my plan all along anyway). Shoot - it didn't last a week. Van Halen, Eruption, Traction Control off and turning it sideways in the road going into second gear - the old boy had to have it. Maybe I have a pic or two. Enjoy it, buddy and, IMO, leave it stock down to the air pressure in the tires.

OP
OP
Azhurel Mendes

Azhurel Mendes

Reaction score
View attachment 6571 View attachment 6572 View attachment 6573 View attachment 6574 Beautiful car, bro'. I had one just like it back in '02. It was the very first Mineral Grey GT in the area. I worked at the Ford dealer and ordered one for my demo. Black leather, 5-speed, and widow-rattling Mach 1000 stereo. Boss called me into his office as soon as the invoice hit his desk. He wanted to know why I ordered a Grey 5-speed with a $1200 or so radio in it. I told him it was one of a kind. He said we would never sell it and I would have to buy it (that was my plan all along anyway). Shoot - it didn't last a week. Van Halen, Eruption, Traction Control off and turning it sideways in the road going into second gear - the old boy had to have it. Maybe I have a pic or two. Enjoy it, buddy and, IMO, leave it stock down to the air pressure in the tires.
Wow it really does look identical! Would have loved to work at a Ford dealer back when these were new, I could only imagine the fun I'd ordering one to my exact specifications! One of the last owners blew the bass out in my Mach stereo though so I'll definitely need to fix that someday. But I do plan on keeping all original pieces that I replace!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Azhurel Mendes

Azhurel Mendes

Reaction score
Found another SN95 at my work to park next to! A 1994 V6 Convertible in Bright Blue. Yet again, the color is better than mine, but I must say the New Edge facelift did wonders to the Mustang! My car is absolutely filthy in the picture due to extreme wind storms (100mph+) that made my car shamefully dirty! It looked way worse in real life too.
L2fYVtW.jpg
But I cleaned it this weekend & took a photo with my mom's Jeep after visiting. Weird mix of cars, but both are pretty handsome!
5RWP0qs.jpg

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mineral grey is still one of the baddest colors on a mustang ever!!! If I owned a new edge it would be mineral grey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Yeah. I knew the first time I saw the available colors for the '02 MY, I knew I had to have one. As soon as the order banks opened, I clicked every option box and got it on the way. The sales manager told me I had balls that clanked to order a car like that as my demo. LOL! I often wonder what ever happened to that car.

OP
OP
Azhurel Mendes

Azhurel Mendes

Reaction score
Yeah. I knew the first time I saw the available colors for the '02 MY, I knew I had to have one. As soon as the order banks opened, I clicked every option box and got it on the way. The sales manager told me I had balls that clanked to order a car like that as my demo. LOL! I often wonder what ever happened to that car.
If you know the vin you could probably look it up!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mine would be Bright Atlantic Blue, too bad they’re impossible to come across!

I used to love blue. After living in the shithole known as Kentucky for too long I’ve grown to despise it with all the hatred in me.

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
I used to love blue. After living in the shithole known as Kentucky for too long I’ve grown to despise it with all the hatred in me.

LOL! Don't hold back or nothin'. Tell us how you REALLY feel!

Mine would be Bright Atlantic Blue, too bad they’re impossible to come across!

The '98 Bright Atlantic Cobra was, IMO, one of the most beautiful colors EVER offered on a Mustang. If I could have ordered mine, Sapphire Blue (JA, maybe?) would have been the color but Crystal White (ZR) was all that was left.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online